Five Years of This S**T

Aug 31, 2012
I liked your old art...

Edit: Well damn, I think I remember that old Ultrajoe post in the Ebert strip. Don't think I noticed it there first time round.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Honestly... I like listening to people talking about their old work for some reason. Either there's a hilarious story behind something, or there's a lot of self-deprecation and flagellation... either way, it makes for great comedy and at the same time I get to see a bit into the mind of the people who create this shit I like so much for reasons I can't explain beyond "Its goddamn funny."
Happy 5 years, here's to however more you guys have in you. Also would love another episode of this.

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
It's so unfair, five years of dedication from these guys equates to one shameful weekend of binge-reading for me. Whatever you do, don't stop now.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Did someone say DONUTS?

Sorry, got distracted for a second. Oh and guys don't do nipple pinch these days. We have clamps for that, because 30 shades.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
The Almighty Aardvark said:
When was this webcomic competition? That actually sounds really fun. Someone should host another one of those things
Well it was 5 years ago >.>

and yea, some of the more memorable shows and comics came out of those competitions. We should have more

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I need MOAR. MOOOOAR.

If you could cover the Evangelion strips and the Quantum Vagina, my life will be made.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I love how the whole thing ends, after 16 minuts of bashing ones' one work, with "mistakes were made..." xD

But hey guys, here you are, still, loved by the Escapist! Keep going lads :D

klovervibe

Nov 30, 2011
That was a lot of fun! I wonder how long the appeal of going through every comic could last, but that mostly depends on your chemistry. It's definitely there, but I'm not so convinced for "years and years" of comics 8 or so at a time. But if there is anything this has taught me, it's to not judge y'all outright by your first attempt.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Loved seeing an introspective into the early strips. I noticed a few things that I'd never even look at which was a good insight.

Main thing in the second strip there was a ps3 version of Tales of Vesperia game on the ps3 and that game only ever got a Japanese release on that platform. I hate myself for knowing this........[small]I love tales games[/small]

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
That accent... it's familiar. Where in England are you originally from, Grey?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Has it really been 5 years? Have I been here that long?

This has actually blown my mind, if only for that fact.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
lacktheknack said:
I need MOAR. MOOOOAR.

If you could cover the Evangelion strips and the Quantum Vagina, my life will be made.
ALL the Evangelion strips? If they do that then I think a drinking game is in order!

also, I'm sorry but when I saw the title I couldn't help but think of this:

CRITICAL MISS ARE THE HERALDS OF TORY ELECTION VICTORIES!

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Congratulations.

Here's to another five years of your shit at least.

Also, the retrospective was an interesting listen.
I'd be happy to hear grey say horrible things about cory's artwork again while reminiscing about the older strips.