Bloodborne Patch Makes Joining Friends In Multiplayer Easier

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Bloodborne Patch Makes Joining Friends In Multiplayer Easier

Update smooths out several rough edges.

From Software's PlayStation 4 exclusive, Bloodborne, has received wide acclaim. Yet nothing is perfect, and a new patch issued today makes a number of subtle adjustments along with a few notable improvements, including removal of a matchmaking restriction which prevented some players from being able to play together conveniently.

Following the patch to version 1.04, players who use the password matching feature (which limits the user base players can connect with to others using the same password) no longer have to be within a limited range of experience levels to play together. This capability even extends to hostile oaths, allowing imbalanced PVP opportunities for players who want to test their skills with uneven odds.

Changes have also been made to the shops in the Hunter's Dream. The Insight store, where the items necessary to engage in multiplayer are sold, now opens when the player receives their first point of Insight (rather than at ten points), remains open permanently, and will sell Short Ritual Root Chalices and Blood Stone Chunks when certain conditions are met.

Other adjustments in the patch include increasing the rewards for Chalice Dungeons, an increase in the maximum number of Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets that can be kept in storage (from 99 to 600), and changes to the Beasthood ability which increase its duration and attack. A couple of the larger weapons, Kirkhammer and Logarius' Wheel, have seen their stamina costs reduced, while several other armaments see decreased cost in ammunition, and some enemies have had balance changes in their resistances and vulnerabilities.

The version 1.04 patch for Bloodborne is available to download from PlayStation Network now.

Source: Dualshockers [http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/376jud/update_file_is_available]

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Ooh. I might have to start playing this again. I've been frustrated by how ineffective the Beast Claw seems to be in PvP, so I hope this changes that (well, the reach will still be an issue). Making chunks more easily obtainable is a huge plus, as is not having to face that "you have the maximum number of blood vials" message all the time.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I'm assuming they tempered this by making the potential invader on these lob sided co-ops be chosen from the highest level player? So if I summon a friend who's level 70 when I'm level 30, the invader would be pulled from level 70 range (10% +/- 10)?

I'm a little bit concerned about how this affects the pvp dynamic.

Otherwise I approve of and welcome these changes. I remember I had to start a separate character to play with a friend (who played at a slower rate then me), which was mildly frustrating.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Chunks are finally unlimited? If only rocks were too... I'm in NG++++ and that's literally how many lvl 10 weapons I have. 4. Guess time to spend insight, I have 99 on account of it being useless past certain point.
Mahorfeus said:
Ooh. I might have to start playing this again. I've been frustrated by how ineffective the Beast Claw seems to be in PvP, so I hope this changes that (well, the reach will still be an issue). Making chunks more easily obtainable is a huge plus, as is not having to face that "you have the maximum number of blood vials" message all the time.
You do realise that combination of beast claw plus beast roar item allows you to permanently stun and cheeze half the enemies in the entire game and even some bosses? It's stupid good. Who cares about PvP. You can easily avoid it by killing those bell-ringing women.
P.S. This chain stun works with several weapons, but with Beast Claw it's really silly.

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
Lord_Gremlin said:
Chunks are finally unlimited? If only rocks were too... I'm in NG++++ and that's literally how many lvl 10 weapons I have. 4. Guess time to spend insight, I have 99 on account of it being useless past certain point.
Apparently you can find additional Blood Rocks in some of the higher level chalice dungeons. Also, is there any advantage to having a higher insight level? Seeing as it drastically reduces your frenzy resistance, I always try to spend any excess I have.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Nice changes all around. Haven't played much since I platinum'd it awhile back, but it'll be nice to not have to farm vials and bullets when I eventually come back.