D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die PC Demo Now Available

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die PC Demo Now Available

Test drive this episodic adventure from the creator of Deadly Premonition.

Access Games has released a demo of the upcoming PC port of D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die. The demo can be downloaded from the game's digital storefront [http://d4-game.com/pc/index.html] of its new publisher, Playism.

The demo features two sequences, one taken from the game's opening which provides story exposition and an example of the game's investigative exploration play. The second sequence, set later in the story, is more action-oriented and focuses almost entirely on a single fight aboard a commercial airliner.

D4 was originally developed as an Xbox One exclusive and designed with gesture-based controls specifically for use with the Kinect camera system. The PC version replaces the Kinect functionality with mouse-based controls, while also increasing the game's framerate to 60fps and fixing some bugs. Content originally sold as DLC in the Xbox One version is being integrated into the PC release, though there will be additional DLC on offer for the new version as well. Add-ons will include costume packs, a mini soundtrack, a copy of the game's voice-over script, and a digital art book.

On Xbox One, D4 has been downloaded more than 1.3 million times, though much of that number is probably due to its inclusion in a "Free Games with Gold" promotion in January. The game arrived in the Xbox Marketplace with very little promotion or fanfare, and it seemed likely that the episodic adventure would conclude with its initial season (which, of course, ends on a cliffhanger). With the introduction of the PC release and its new publisher, lead designer Hidetaka Suehiro has suggested he is now working on season 2.

The PC version of D4: Dark Dreams Won't Die will release June 5 on Steam or at the Playism store.

Source: Official Site [http://d4-game.com/pc/index.html]

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Holy shit, a Developer releasing a demo in this day and age?!

Nice going Swery!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
As someone who played it on Xbox One, I definitely encourage everyone to try this demo out.

Great game that has SWERY's personality all over it.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Oh god, those controls are awful, I definitely suggest trying the demo if you're thinking of buying this.

So obviously a Kinect port, and although the game itself looks and runs fine, it's almost completely unplayable. Shame, because it looks like there's a good game in there trying to get out :(

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Aww...I came in here hoping it was going to be about D4s (Dark Miasma/Dark Blast/Dark Mastery Defenders). Why must the world tease me so?

Pinky's Brain

Mar 2, 2011
OMG that mouse lag.

PS. oops nevermind, it was only on the intro screen.

PPS. that's a short 2.4 GB, I honestly didn't mind the controls though ... I've seen worse ways to do QTEs.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
So I've been watching a LP of the game since last night when I saw the news. The game seems interesting, but holy shit did they fuck up some of it. Especially the black guy with the knife and fork. The slow speech, just finish already. I hope they actually change that.

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
BiH-Kira said:
So I've been watching a LP of the game since last night when I saw the news. The game seems interesting, but holy shit did they fuck up some of it. Especially the black guy with the knife and fork. The slow speech, just finish already. I hope they actually change that.
I don't think that was so much a "fuck up" as an intentional decision that some may find objectionable. Personally, I just see it as another of SWERY's quirky characters.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Conrad Zimmerman said:
BiH-Kira said:
I don't think that was so much a "fuck up" as an intentional decision that some may find objectionable. Personally, I just see it as another of SWERY's quirky characters.
I didn't mean fuck up as in unintentional fuck up. I realized it was intentional, but there is a huge difference between quirky character and annoying stupid shit that takes half and hour to finish a conversation that takes 5 minutes with every other character.