Bloodstained Breaks $3 Million, Adds Multiplayer Stretch Goal

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Bloodstained Breaks $3 Million, Adds Multiplayer Stretch Goal

Wii U features revealed as campaign continues to rake in cash.

The Kickstarter campaign for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140753-Igarashi-Announces-Bloodstained-Kickstarter] has surged past another of its stretch goals, ensuring development of a Wii U port after reaching $3 million in funding. New stretch goals have been added, offering an multiplayer mode and a version of the game for PlayStation Vita.

The newly confirmed port will be developed by Armature, and they have provided some information on their goals for the Wii U release. The game will make use of the tablet screen to supply a map (on which players will be able to make annotations) or for off-screen play. Support for the Wii U Pro Controller is also planned, along with Miiverse integration.

The first of the new stretch goals, which will unlock if the campaign reaches $3.25 million, will add an asynchronous multiplayer mode. Players will be able to "borrow" the character stats of a friend for a limited time, while awarding the friend a bonus. Players will also be able to view "ghost" footage of their friends, watching how their battles with the game's bosses play out, and have their game affected in minor ways based on how their friends play.

The announced PlayStation Vita version (which will also be developed by Armature) will go into production if the campaign reaches $3.5 million. The campaign for Bloodstained ends on June 11.

Source: Kickstarter [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1248002]

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
Oh boy, look at the stretch goals "igas biggest castle" if that's true this game is easily going to clock well over 50 hours. The largest castle i remember from a classic castlevania game the likes of this took me 70 hours to get inside every room that was order of ecclicia BTW.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh it would be quite appreciated if they could add a dark souls style multiplayer summoning system for this game. I don't care if it counts as ripping off souls, that multiplayer system is brilliant! Imo anyway

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
And people said it wouldn't come to the Wii U for reasons. Furthermore, it seems like the Wii U version is looking to be the best with the Gamepad features like being able to add notes. In fact, why haven't more games done that? The only games I remember on the DS and 3DS doing it were the Etrian Odyssey titles. Even in terms of computer games I only remember Ultima Underworld doing that. You'd think more exploration-heavy titles would do it as it'd be helpful for remembering important locations or items.

With twelve days to go it's confident to say Bloodstained will hit the next stretch goal with ease. Heck, it might crack four million if the final push goes well.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I just plonked my money down for the digital version.

I wonder if Konami has any recognition of just how much money they've left on the table...

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I never even liked Castlevania and I still really want this game to be good. I played the first hour of Symphony a few years ago and just thought it aged poorly and dropped it so a new modern spiritual sequel looks good to me. I really like how Kickstarter has become a way to say fuck you publishers (fuck you Konami in this case) and prove that this stuff has a market for it.

Also that player character chick looks fantastic. Not even exaggerating if I say that her design was what attracted me to the game in the first place.