Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Announced for PS4

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Announced for PS4

A remastered collection of the PS3 Uncharted games is coming to PS4 this October.

While the last generation of games perhaps produced some bigger sales successes, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/naughty%20dog?os=naughty+dog>Naughty Dog's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/naughty%20dog?os=naughty+dog>Uncharted games are still widely regarded as some of the best single player experiences to come out of the PS3. Action adventures with pulpy stories, entertaining characters and fun action, the series regularly pushed the console to new heights and, for many, represents the quintessential PS3 experience. Now, it's been revealed that gamers on the PlayStation 4 will get a chance to enjoy the franchise anew.

Sony, in an announcement this morning, has confirmed <a href=<a href=https://twitter.com/gameovergreggy/status/606346908869795840>(leaked) plans to release Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. The collection will include remastered editions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. According to the announcement, it will also come packaged with access to the multiplayer beta <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140072-Naughty-Dogs-Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End-Delayed-To-Spring-2016>for Uncharted 4. The new remasters will run at 60FPS and have 1080p HD options. The collection is currently slated to release on October 9th, 2015.

Unlike The Last of Us Remastered, which was handled by Naughty Dog, The Nathan Drake Collection will be put completed by Bluepoint Games. Bluepoint, in the past, has also worked collections for Metal Gear Solid, God of War and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. Considering how solid those were, it's likely that the Uncharted are in good hands.

Source: PlayStation Blog

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Hopefully they remake the gameplay for the first Uncharted.

It was a bit unresponsive from what I remember.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
This is a thing I might have to buy. Uncharted 3 was always on my "will play it later" list along with a hodgepodge of Steam games....and then I sold my PS3 to cover the majority of my PS4 cost ( it was an Oldskool backward-compatible PS3 with a beefed up HD). So yea that game barely got played.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
How many more last gen remasters and rereleases do we really need? Can't these "next gen" consoles stand on their on libraries without relying on last gen?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Usually the whole remastery of last gen games leaves a nasty cynical taste in my mouth. But this bundle looks to be precisely what I desire. Having never played any Uncharted before, I have always been curious as to why they are so well recieved. Never wanted a Ps3. But now, after going through the Last of Us remastered, a sudden interest in Naughty Dog got me awaiting the newest Uncharted without any prior knowledge as to whether it is even a worthy series. This is precisely what a pitiful human in my position requires. Hooray.

An added note, TLOU remastered multiplayer is surprisingly good for a stealth single player game. I really loved the core team stealth mechanic that makes for much more tense battles. Slyly creeping around, I jumped out my skin on many occasion to the slightly slyer player that saw me first with their shotgun. Uncharted has multiplayer too, you say? Bring it the taff on, I say!

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Show gameplay, I want to see how "remastered" it is. Though I am interested, never completed drake's deception and given the choice, I'd rather use the ps4 dualshock than the ps3's... It felt like a pig of a controler to me playing uncharted.

Dead Metal

Feb 7, 2010
So Uncharted gets a full collection, but God of War only gets a remaster of the third part?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Bluepoint has done a great job in the past with their remasters, so I'm sure Uncharted will turn out great. I don't know if I'll play them again, but I wouldn't mind playing Uncharted 2 again since that game was awesome.
Dead Metal said:
So Uncharted gets a full collection, but God of War only gets a remaster of the third part?
Well, to be fair, God of War has had two remasters. One for the two PS2 games, and one for two the handheld games. Ascension and GOW 3 didn't need one.

In this collection, it is missing the Uncharted game on the Vita so it's not a complete collection. But the less said about that game the better since it's kinda sucked. >.>

Dead Metal

Feb 7, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Bluepoint has done a great job in the past with their remasters, so I'm sure Uncharted will turn out great. I don't know if I'll play them again, but I wouldn't mind playing Uncharted 2 again since that game was awesome.
Dead Metal said:
Well, to be fair, God of War has had two remasters. One for the two PS2 games, and one for two the handheld games. Ascension and GOW 3 didn't need one.
Yeah I know, I got all those for my PS3. I just want them all on the PS4, especially Ascension that would really, really profit from a nice remaster at 60 frames. It would just feel more complete if all the games were made available for the PS4, after all the excuse for GOW3 Remaster was that it would serve to introduce new players who didn't have a PS before the PS4 to the series, which is kinda weak, because it's the ending to the trilogy, that encompasses 6 games... Plus, this way they could maybe finally include the damn cellphone game for once.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Marik2 said:
Hopefully they remake the gameplay for the first Uncharted.

It was a bit unresponsive from what I remember.
That was the first though that went through my head when I read the article.

Not too long ago, I purchased the Uncharted/Uncharted 2 double pack to see what I've been missing out on. I think I got a dozen missions in before I returned the whole bloody affair, because it was so frustratingly broken that I couldn't find it worth the effort to finish the first just to see if things improve in the second (also, I was told from fans of the game that the broken gameplay doesn't improve in the slightest in the two sequels). Perhaps it's just not for me, but I can't help but feel that a lot of the acclaim the first game got was due to it coming out when the PS3 was desperate for good content. If that game came out today, it would have probably sank hard enough that it wouldn't have turned into a franchise.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Dead Metal said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Dead Metal said:
Yeah I know, I got all those for my PS3. I just want them all on the PS4, especially Ascension that would really, really profit from a nice remaster at 60 frames. It would just feel more complete if all the games were made available for the PS4, after all the excuse for GOW3 Remaster was that it would serve to introduce new players who didn't have a PS before the PS4 to the series, which is kinda weak, because it's the ending to the trilogy, that encompasses 6 games... Plus, this way they could maybe finally include the damn cellphone game for once.
I'm pretty sure at some point that the GOW series will be brought on to the PS4 because I'm sure Sony likes money and I sure as hell would give them all of mine if they did that.

Also, I kinda forgot that there were cellphone games to it, and that would be pretty cool if they included them in. Not really sure how well that would translate, but it would be worth a shot to see tiny Kratos kill all the things.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I love how it's literally The Master Chief Collection, right down to the name, promises of the beta for the next game, and 60 fps/1080p advertising, just with the Uncharted games instead of the (numbered) Halo games.

I expect a few months after release they'll add a spin-off title to the collection via an update, too.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
They can honestly shove this one and just give me inFAMOUS 1 and 2.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Neat...what else from the PS2 and PS3 needs to be remastered? I'm guessing the Mass Effect collection will be announced in a couple of weeks along with the Dragon Age collection. Maybe the Sly and Ratchet and Clank collections will be announced after E3...This is why I still refer to next gen consoles as next gen...they're not current yet if they just wallow in the games that made the PS3/360 such great consoles.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Despite owning a PS3 I never did buy any of the uncharted games. I might buy this up when it comes out.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I have Platinum on all 3 games... I hope I don't end up buying this :( if it looks really pretty I just might, Uncharted is a great series

Jan 12, 2012
Unlike The Last of Us Remastered, which was handled by Naughty Dog, The Nathan Drake Collection will be put completed by Bluepoint Games.
Small typo there, unless "put completed" is a term I don't know.

OT: Interesting. Despite enjoy the second game immensely, I never got around to playing 1 or 3, and if it's priced well I might get it for the complete experience.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
I just play all there on ps plus plus alot of old school games. Why is this a thing now?