Gears of War 4 Coming to Xbox One For Holiday 2016

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Gears of War 4 Coming to Xbox One For Holiday 2016

The next chapter in the Gears of War saga is on its way to Xbox One.

Read Full Article

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I am dripping.

It looks most like Gears 1 out all the series, and those monsters look like they could be creatures of the Locust. Maybe my dream of retconning Gears 3's ending has come true. Please.

I know you shouldn't this early, but I am hype. I need to know more about the damn thing.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Evonisia said:
I am dripping.

It looks most like Gears 1 out all the series, and those monsters look like they could be creatures of the Locust. Maybe my dream of retconning Gears 3's ending has come true. Please.

I know you shouldn't this early, but I am hype. I need to know more about the damn thing.
How would it need to retcon Gears 3? The Locust Lambent and Imulsion are gone, not the rest of Sera's wildlife.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Soviet Heavy said:
Because I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to suggest that those creatures are wearing armour. Their flesh under the shell like thing looks a lot like the pale skin Locust wildlife like Wretches, Corpsers, Beast Barges, Bloodmounts and Rockworms, and if the Locust had to die because of arbitrary exposure levels, so do they.

Well, that and the ending to Gears 3 is contrived silly business put together to be a slap-dash "ending" to the franchise in the laziest fashion imaginable. Gears 1 managed to be more believable than that (a massive bomb). Hopefully Gears 4 just crosses that out and makes it so only some of them died.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Evonisia said:
Well, that and the ending to Gears 3 is contrived silly business put together to be a slap-dash "ending" to the franchise in the laziest fashion imaginable. Gears 1 managed to be more believable than that (a massive bomb). Hopefully Gears 4 just crosses that out and makes it so only some of them died.
Agreed. I hated Gears of War 3's ending. There's a serious problem with your ending when characters in the actual game are asking VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS five minutes from the end and those questions don't get answered. Baird, to me, was the only person to seemed to realize what was happening at the end there because he, at least, kept going, "Wait, what?"
I think what happened is that they handed the story over to Karen Travis, who started to build her own, massive expanding epic--which is what she likes to do--and then when they realized that they had to tie up everything she had been building in her books, they just couldn't do it.
Here's hoping that this one provides some answers.

So...what? Did the girl die, or was she just knocked out. Surely she wouldn't just stand there off screen while that creature tried to eat her partner's face just for the sake of dramatic tension. "You're doing great, JD. Now, turn a little more to the left so I can get a better shot for the camera."

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
Just cut out Act Five, and end it at literally any point in the story before then, and the story wouldn't be damaged in the slightest. It's only in Act Five that this plot device suddenly becomes so contrived, and they establish the "no, it only affects Locust/Lambent because err... exposure" rule.

To be fair: I think I'll still take that ending over the treatment of the Kryll in all of the games after the first one.

Of course, Gears 4 could try to make the world more bestial and have the game be more about fighting monsters than something with some personality, but it's being quite ambiguous at the moment so I'm staying hopeful that they realised how dumb it was.