Square Enix and Platinum Games Making New Nier Sequel

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Square Enix and Platinum Games Making New Nier Sequel

Square Enix has announced a new sequel to the 2010 RPG Nier under development by Platinum Games.

Read Full Article

R.K. Meades

Oct 1, 2014
Looking forward to more details on this project. I have faith in Platinum's ability to deliver.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
Was that...Yonah?

They have Taro and Okabe though, so that's a step in the right direction. Between this, the FF7 remake and KH3 on the horizon, I'm a happy camper.

Now excuse me while I -

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I caught the announcement on the IRC.

I read "Neir sequel" and my reaction was meh.

I then read "Platinum Games" and lost my damned mind. At this point, I'll play anything they make.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Okay fine, I'll get a PS4. Damn Yoko and his damn series >.>

For those who don't know, Nier is the distant goofy sequel to the Drakengard games, which means it's already aces in my book. Having Platinum Games work on it might mean we finally have better than middling combat in one of these games!

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Oh my God! This came completely out of left field!! I wasn't expecting this in any sense! I figured they were done, or that there was no real interest in continuing Nier any further! Now Platinum is doing the gameplay? Be still my freaking heart! I was all, "Wow, a lot of Nier guys are working on this. I wonder what....NO! It can't be!"

Seriously, really happy about this! Loved the first one so much.