All of Hitman's Additional Story DLC Will be Free

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
All of Hitman's Additional Story DLC Will be Free

There will be a free "season's pass" worth of content released for IO interactive's upcoming Hitman reboot.

Read Full Article

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Correction: Its typically publishers that are price gouging, not devs.

That said, Squeenix must have gotten some good weed this week.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I think it's indicative of the game industry's status right now that I'm wondering "okay, sounds good. How do they screw this up?"

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I'd be happy for this except right now I'm dealing with Squeenix's shit-for-brains customer service. Do not ever buy a product direct from Squeenix and expect to get any form of recognizable customer service. All I want is my damn FFVII PC key so I can reinstall it, how friggin hard is that?
Sorry... just not happy with Squeenix today.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
It's nice that they clarified more on the state of the game on launch, since some statements made during the squeenix and pc conference made it sound like an early digital version was shipping on dec. 8th and you would get gradual content updates to the full retail version in 2016, glad to see that isn't the case.

And has it been confirmed that this is a series reboot with a seemingly younger Agent 47 or is this continuing the story from absolution?

Either way, what is on offer has piqued my interest.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
It's weird how Free Season Passes and DLC, and no microtransactions, are considered progress in video games now.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
There's some kind of catch here.....

But right now I'm happy because I love Hitman and I'm happy 6 is actually being made.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
This sounds like a good thing. And it's good (and unusual, therefore suspicious) for Square to be this clear, this quickly. But I have a bigger bone to pick:
I hadn't heard of this reboot before, and my reaction was "Wait- are they rebooting it? Has everybody forgotten how to count? Then I remembered that the first Hitman did, in fact, have a subtitle, so compared to Zenimax's "DOOM" this is actually intelligently named.

Publishers? Many of us are trying to convince the non-gaming public that the hobby isn't stupid or mindless. THIS IS NOT HELPING.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
But did Allan remember to add in the details?
https://36.media.tumblr.com/dc900c446eead447f23a01d9389c6b83/tumblr_nq494yyHz51urexxpo1_1280.png

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I still don't know if this is a good or bad thing. As I've experienced so far, I'm always waiting for episodic games like the ones by Telltale, Life is strange and even Revelations 2 to be completed before I start with them.

On the other hand the team can somehow shorten the development time and react to feedback by the community. The problem is that you can't estimate how much content you'll get in the end. I have the feeling that this, if successful, will be adapted and utterly exploited by Ubisoft and EA.

While I think it's OK for low(er)priced games to offer episodic content, I'm not comfortable cashing out 60 to 80 dollars without getting the whole deal. This tactic makes even exclusive DLC appear less stupid.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
They're rebooting Hitman now?

I missed that memo. Should have expected it though.

Still, this is very good news, well done IO!

j1015

Sep 6, 2012
Xerosch said:
I still don't know if this is a good or bad thing. As I've experienced so far, I'm always waiting for episodic games like the ones by Telltale, Life is strange and even Revelations 2 to be completed before I start with them.

On the other hand the team can somehow shorten the development time and react to feedback by the community. The problem is that you can't estimate how much content you'll get in the end. I have the feeling that this, if successful, will be adapted and utterly exploited by Ubisoft and EA.

While I think it's OK for low(er)priced games to offer episodic content, I'm not comfortable cashing out 60 to 80 dollars without getting the whole deal. This tactic makes even exclusive DLC appear less stupid.
People will whine about anything these days. At least see how it is before being so negative. With these type of attitudes, if I was IO, I would't offer this in the first place. If people aren't going to show a slither of optimism let alone wait for results, I'd continue to dlc, season pass and microtransaction you all to death.