Sword Coast Legends Hands On: Enter the Dungeon

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Sword Coast Legends Hands On: Enter the Dungeon

Sword Coast Legends will bring everything we love about the tabletop rules to the computer game, including a dungeon master mode that will allow you to import all your best personal campaigns.

Read Full Article

Jan 12, 2012
I'm not sure I understand this part:
Dan Tudge, president of n-Space, told me after the demo that the game will allow four live players to play against an AI DM. They are looking at the possibility of the DM being a player against four AI to allow for campaigning balance for real players, but that has been officially added.
Did you mean "...hasn't been officially added"?

OT: It seems interesting, but I'm still a bit wary. Not being able to adjust things on the fly sounds like a recipe for some TPKs from novice GMs who don't know how to balance encounters.

On a side note, have they said whether you going to be able to publish modules and import them into your campaigns? That would be excellent for those weeks when you don't have time to craft a full adventure, though I'm not sure what the DM really contributes to the game besides map-making and occasionally controlling a monster.

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I'm not sure I understand this part:
Dan Tudge, president of n-Space, told me after the demo that the game will allow four live players to play against an AI DM. They are looking at the possibility of the DM being a player against four AI to allow for campaigning balance for real players, but that has been officially added.
Did you mean "...hasn't been officially added"?
Yes, "hasn't". Fixed.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
So glad n-Space is getting another chance to shine they have done nothing but shovel-ware and ports since Geist.

In any case it looks like an intriguing game, I'll keep an eye for it and yeah that DM mode sounds pretty good in theory and I like how they are focusing in ease of use for that mode because otherwise it is unlikely that I would ever figure out how to use it.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Looks good, sadly it still isnt a real replacement for what NWN1 brought to the table... wich i think still has servers running even today.. go figure.

Wish someone would tackle that beast and bring the nwn1 multyplayer into the modern era where people could create their own little persistant worlds for people to play in.. a the good times... and the drama times i had on RP servers...

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Hmm I wonder if the players can be automated and you play the dungeon master that keeps trying to trip them up? hehe would be different for sure.

Doh, I keep wanting a new NWN game with this games current graphics.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I remember using the DM feature in games like Vampire Redemption; typically every game I joined the ST would inevitably get pissy at one or all of the players and spawn an invulnerable creature and maul us to death. I think it would be nice to introduce some kind of system to stop DMs from just going nuts and wiping out players with impossible odds.

Jburton9 said:
Hmm I wonder if the players can be automated and you play the dungeon master that keeps trying to trip them up? hehe would be different for sure.
Aye, seems that idea is on the cards (see the bit Thunderous Cacophony quoted)