The Escapist's Best of Show E3 2015

Encaen

May 6, 2005
The Escapist's Best of Show E3 2015

There were a lot of amazing titles at E3 2015, and we?d like to highlight our very favorites from the show.

Read Full Article

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
REALY?!? BATTLEFRONT, REALY?!?!?

Other journalists there were reporting it to be a competent but largely mediocre ground combat game with vehicle combat that was either broken or boring.

With all the other good and great games show, picking this is astounding to the level that makes me wonder what DICE is black mailing you with.

I mean, seriously, Battle Front beat Halo, Fallout, The Last Guardian, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, and CUPHEAD??? I mean, Battle Front tends not to even appear on most other places Top 10s.

I'm calling it now, this is going to be like passing over "The Last of Us" to give E3 2012's best in show to "Colonial Marines".

Holly cow, if you liked EA's Battle Front, 2005's Battle Front 2 would blow your minds, it's got more features, better mechanics, more factions...

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
The weapons look so boring, though. The gun that's front and center on that big ass picture is basically an AK47 with some mods slapped on it. Where is the STAR in Star Wars?

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
freaper said:
The weapons look so boring, though. The gun that's front and center on that big ass picture is basically an AK47 with some mods slapped on it. Where is the STAR in Star Wars?
Actually, that's not far off from what actual "Rebel Alliance blaster rifle" props were in the actual filming of those old movies. You got one detail wrong, though: the base rifles were actually WWII-era SturmGewehr 44s. Look it up, I'm eating dinner right now.

EDIT: Here, from "Internet Movie Firearms Database": http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars#BlasTech_A280_and_A295_blaster_rifles They were cast from replicas, sure; but you get my point.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
The game really looks like nothing special, if they have split screen that's great but I don't think it outclasses Deus Ex: MD, Just Cause 3 (Yahtzee's game of show if you watch his Lets Drown Out), DOOM 4 (Which you wrote a lovely article about already), or even Mirrors Edge: Catalyst/ Fallout 4/ other also ran that seems slightly disappointing.

R.K. Meades

Oct 1, 2014
People who are asking why Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, etc. were overlooked must have missed this minor detail:

For Best of Show, however, we insist that we have had the opportunity to actually play the game.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
American Tanker said:
freaper said:
Actually, that's not far off from what actual "Rebel Alliance blaster rifle" props were in the actual filming of those old movies. You got one detail wrong, though: the base rifles were actually WWII-era SturmGewehr 44s. Look it up, I'm eating dinner right now.

EDIT: Here, from "Internet Movie Firearms Database": http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars#BlasTech_A280_and_A295_blaster_rifles They were cast from replicas, sure; but you get my point.
Fair enough, I think I was expecting something campier from a Star Wars game.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
R.K. Meades said:
People who are asking why Manking Divided, Fallout 4, etc. were overlooked must have missed this minor detail:

For Best of Show, however, we insist that we have had the opportunity to actually play the game.
That makes sense... But that also seems like quite the condemnation of the usual E3 shenanigans involving glossy, sleek, superamazing trailers, and then no actual hands on gameplay.

Either way, good on you for only focusing on games with, you know, gameplay... I think I quite like this policy now that I know about it.