Deus Ex Celebrates 15th Anniversary With a Four Part Documentary

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Deus Ex Celebrates 15th Anniversary With a Four Part Documentary

Square Enix and Eidos Montréal announced a Deus Ex documentary, player voting on Mankind Divided Collector's Edition extras, and a charity partnership in a press release today.

In celebration of the 15th Anniversary of the Deus Ex franchise, Square Enix and Eidos Montréal announced that they will be releasing a four episode documentary "that highlights the progression of the series from the original Deus Ex launch on June 26, 2000 to the upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided." The first episode of the documentary, entitled DX15: The Legacy of Deus Ex, is available now on IGN [http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/26/dx15-the-legacy-of-deus-ex]. The video features the original founders of Deus Ex, Lead Programmer and Assistant Director Chris Norden, Lead Writer Sheldon Pacotti, and Producer and Project Director Warren Spector as they discuss their influences, the game's success, and the birth of a franchise. Part two will focus on Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Square Enix also announced that gamers are able to vote on the bonus goodies [https://www.deusex.com/micro/vote] that will accompany the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Collector's Edition, "as a nod to the Deus Ex focus on player choice." The options include an Adam Jensen statue, a replica Combat Rifle, a mini art book, a steelbook, a metal sign, a lunch box, a tattoo sleeve, a mini bust of Adam Jensen, a mini replica weapon set, and a set of pins.

In addition, Square Enix and Eidos Montréal have announced a partnership with Chordoma Foundation [http://www.gamechangercharity.org/], all of which support the treatment of, or care of, those with rare diseases.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided releases in early 2016 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
A...metal sign? Why am I picturing a road sign here? It had better be the best damn sign i've ever laid eyes upon.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Now if we could only get a console rerelease of the original Deus Ex and Invisible War, I would be very excited. Still annoyed I missed out on that when had a computer that could run it. The laptop I'm using is held together with tape.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Irridium said:
That lunchbox looks like one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

I want it.
It sounds useful at first, but I still have my Fallout 3 Collector's Edition lunchbox just sitting on my shelf. I don't take it with me anywhere because I prefer backpacks anyway and I'm too afraid something will happen to it.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Did anybody else have a hard time hearing the dialogue over the soundtrack and ambience? (A bit of irony-ish-ness here, if that's a real problem and not just me, given the presenter introduced himself as the audio lead. :p)

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
So.. Part 2 is just going to be a few minutes of a black screen then; maybe with a title card reading "Nothing to see here"?