Max - Bad Enough to Make You Mad

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Max - Bad Enough to Make You Mad

Max is an awful movie with a cute, well-trained dog. Is that enough?

Read Full Article

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I'm sure the Max in this movie said more lines than the Max in Fury Road.

KasraF

Nov 7, 2011
As sad as it makes me, I can't help thinking that a well-trained dog is enough to make many people enjoy even this film.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Mahorfeus said:
Obligatory question: Does the dog die at the end?
<spoiler=Spoilers>No. They do a fakeout, making it seem like it's dead, but of course it doesn't.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Ohhhhhh ... that's not good. When the dog is a far better actor than the entire cast of people- something's wrong.
I don't know, my Mini-Dachshund is giving me the: "It's time to go to the dog park and you don't have shoes on. You have five minutes to leash me and leave or I'm going to destroy something you love and or pee in your bed" look. She can convey more meaning more concisely than most internet users I've seen.

OT: Yeah, this movie looked like another very safe family movie. Safely skipped.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I feel for you Matter I saw the preview for this and I knew it was terrible. I don't know how you could sit through it.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
If anyone's interested, Brad Jones had a pretty good Midnight Screening on the movie: http://blip.tv/the-cinema-snob/midnight-screenings-max-7203563

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Seems like a lot of crap movies coming out this year...and people wonder why I'm a total cynic when it comes to the dreck that Hollywood belches forth these days.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
This film is going to make so much money, word of mouth is A+ CinemaScore from audiences.

Seems Movie Bob likes it as well according to his twitter.

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
It's gotten mostly average reviews. Except apparently from Mr. Parkinson. I saw it. Family will do that for you. It's a clichéd family / animal film. It's terribly average. It's not a 1 out of 5 star movie though. I didn't go in to it with preconceptions or expectations because I had no interest in the movie.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Oddly enough, you can watch the trailer and decide it's not worth watching. Mostly it's because you threw up in your mouth while watching that 2 minutes of your life you will never get back. Also,
SupahGamuh said:
I love that image.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Hmm.... On Rotten Tomatoes, it got a 40%. Still bad, but nothing like the scathing review it got here. I'm going to go see what the other reviewers had to say. One moment.

Nonetheless, I doubt that I'll see this movie. It lost me the moment I heard that the main character is a moody teenager.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I'm back. As expected, the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes were mixed, and some of the individual reviews neither fully endorsed nor fully condemned it. Anyway, all I can say is, this review tore it apart far more than any of the others.