Batman: Arkham Knight Mod Lets You Switch Between All 11 Characters

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Batman: Arkham Knight Mod Lets You Switch Between All 11 Characters

Cheer up, PC Batman fans, the cool mods are already starting to pour in.

PC gaming fans of the Batman: Arkham series have, well, cool little mod [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141320-Players-of-the-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight-are-Reporting-Gameplay-Issues] that allows you to switch between all eleven playable characters in free-roam mode at will.

The mod comes courtesy of modders Wastelander121 and MrJAG [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeJNHHv-qY], and allows players to switch between Red Hood, Harley Quinn, Nightwing, Robin, Azrael, Bruce Wayne, Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Joker, GCPD Officer Owens, and of course Batman simply by pressing the F1-11 keys.

The about section of the YouTube video to the right [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeJNHHv-qY] has the full installation instructions, although it's a fairly simple affair. As always when installing mods, make sure you back up your save file just in case something goes wrong.

Harley Quinn is usually only playable in a pre-order exclusive DLC mission, so its nice to know that even if you didn't cave-in to the pre-order goodies, you'll still get to check her out at some point.

Source: Polygon [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeJNHHv-qY]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Harley Quinn is usually only playable in a pre-order exclusive DLC mission, so its nice to know that even if you didn't cave-in to the pre-order goodies, you'll still get to check her out at some point.
Considering how Harley's content could literally be completed in 20 minutes, those that didn't pre-order really didn't miss out on much...Red Hood's content was even more minimalistic. It would have been nice if they were woven into the story of the game the way Catwoman's was in Arkham City, but that's simply not the case. Hell, I don't think you can even play as them in the challenge mode.

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
Seems like an interesting mod, but I don't know if it's worth the potential headache of trying to get the PC version to work properly.

As an aside - can we drop the "PC Mustard Race" thing already? It was tired and worn out in 2013 but now it just sounds stupid, especially in an article, for grima's sake.

grimabepraised

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
See you know what is a worth while mod? Changing the entire graphics and character styles to an episode of Batman The Animated Series.
Arkham city got kinda close, but they stopped on just batman himself. What a waste, eh?

Someone get back to me when the Animated Series gets its own Arkham style game. Until them, I'll play Asylum and pretend it takes place just after Mask of the Phantasm.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
karkashan said:
As an aside - can we drop the "PC Mustard Race" thing already? It was tired and worn out in 2013 but now it just sounds stupid, especially in an article, for grima's sake.
No

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Silentpony said:
Arkham city got kinda close, but they stopped on just batman himself. What a waste, eh?
Actually both Catwoman and Robin had Animated skins as well. In fact, if you play through the campaign as Animated Batman, Catwoman will be in her Animated skin and the little bit where Robin shows up to give you the line-launcher will have him in his Animated skin as well.

Personally I liked Catwoman's animated version a lot more than her base version. :p

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Considering how Harley's content could literally be completed in 20 minutes, those that didn't pre-order really didn't miss out on much...
Which was a shame since it was pretty fun playing as her (eventhough some of her animations were lifted straight from Arkham City's Catwoman). Harley Quinn in general was a step up in looks over the iterations in the previous games. All that was really missing was her mask. It still makes no sense that she's even there though seeing as...

...Joker's dead, which I imagine would cause her to just straight-up kill herself. Or atleast fall into an even deeper delusion.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
karkashan said:
No
why do escapist posts not have like buttons

Also, I'm totally using "PC Mustard Race" from hereon out.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Awesome. Now I'll just wait a year until the price drops, another two years until the game is stable, in whichever order, and then download the mod so I can play as the characters I would have liked to be able to play as from the beginning.

karkashan said:
It was tired and worn out in 2013 but now it just sounds stupid, especially in an article, for grima's sake.
Especially in a news article, since it's editorialising. I'd specify, however, since other forms of journalistic media can be called "articles." Opinion, editorials, and what I'll caguely list as "features" all count as articles.

lacktheknack said:
Are you going to relish the opportunity to spread it around? Can't wait to try it onion?

...I have a serious pun problem. It's a sickness.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Side note: I got Arkham Knight post-release for PS4 and the Harley Quinn "pre-order" content still came with it anyway. So in a technical sense it wasn't necessarily pre-order only DLC.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Wait, wasn't Batwoman supposed to be playable? What happened with that?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fappy said:
Wait, wasn't Batwoman supposed to be playable? What happened with that?
Probably DLC for down the line, or maybe just an extra character for the challenge rooms. Considering the Harley Quinn section though it likely won't amount to much.

Arkham Knight as a whole I found remarkably uneventful.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I would download that quickly and then wait a week how corporates respond, usually content unlocks like this have a 50/50 chance someone want to nuke it out of existence and that might also come with game bans so keep it in mind.

Ralancian

Jan 14, 2012
I suspect the Batwoman DLC will have to be more substantial than the Harley Quinn one. Pre-order DLC which no-one pays for people don't care about if it's only 20 minutes long (it was hugely disappointing in general though). Probably will be more closer to the Robin story pack DLC for Arkham City.

Having now finished Arkham Knight there was a lot I enjoyed but something that just didn't feel right.
Mark Hamil's Inner Joker was a welcome surprise that provided unsurprisingly all the great parts of the game. Having Batman have an internal Joker monologue of what he was doing was great. Full of plot hole some of what he said/did it might be.

Jason Todd as the Arkham Knight was rather uninspired especially as they had to jam in his entire backstory into game. Also it gave no payoff from the previous games.

The Batmobile itself is great fun but I do worry about incidental damage caused (I'm firing canon's at brekable objects). Also the amount of people I've hit on the streets plus the way vehicles with humans are taken out. I'm 99% sure Batman broke his zero killing rule. Plus guns essentially firing at people feels anti-Batman. I do like how there is essentially freeflow combat battle and predator battles though.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Direct and to the point, I like that.

lacktheknack said:

I second the like button suggestion.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Are you going to relish the opportunity to spread it around? Can't wait to try it onion?

It's people like you that make this place awesome :)

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Well, now that the good mods are out all that needs to happen is for the game to be worth the effort. Maybe next year when the inevitable GotY version that has everything packed in, is for dirt cheap, and makes the ones that pre-ordered scream like little babies.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
Question: Where does the Harley content come in, is it in the main story? in a DLC menu?

I pre-ordered from GMG and I am have the season pass, I'm a few hours into the game but not seen anything to hint I have the dlc yet.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I nearly flipped a table when I played this game and saw how limited their character switcher is. You have them in the game, now let me wander around Gotham with them. I'm tired of Batman, god damnit! Why would you put so much effort into these characters and then just limit my use of them?!

Now I see PC gets a mod and I'm pissed, I clicked on the wrong spoiler and now know who the Arkham Knight is, and I'm stuck with a game that could be described with "the same song and dance". AHHHHHHH! This game has brought me nothing but annoyance.

wizzy555 said:
Question: Where does the Harley content come in, is it in the main story? in a DLC menu?

I pre-ordered from GMG and I am have the season pass, I'm a few hours into the game but not seen anything to hint I have the dlc yet.
Should be in the menu under "Arkham Episodes" after you go to the main menu. Harley's DLC is pretty short though, so brace yourself.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
RicoADF said:
lacktheknack said:

I second the like button suggestion.
Third. I don't think I'll ever dignify the M in PCMR as anything but Mustard now. Oh, and google search.

Zachary Amaranth said:

It's people like you that make this place awesome :)
Well it seems as good as time as any for you two to ketchup. Hehehe... okay screw you I thought of that joke before going to google search so it's still fresh!