Predator Release Date, Official Trailer for Mortal Kombat X - Update

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Predator Release Date, Official Trailer for Mortal Kombat X - Update

NetherRealm has revealed the release date and official trailer for the title's third downloadable character.

Update 7-6-2015: NetherRealm Studios posted the official Predator trailer today, which has been added to this article. This marks the first official look at moves, his fatality, and more.

Original Story 7-2-2015: "Soon the hunt will begin..."

That caption accompanied an announcement video on Twitter today [https://twitter.com/NetherRealm/status/616705075306586113], sharing the dates Mortal Kombat X fans will be able to play as Predator. The character is available July 7th, if you've purchased the Kombat Pack DLC pass. Otherwise, he will be available for individual purchase on July 14th. Predator is the third downloadable character, after Jason Voorhees and Tanya.

The Kombat Pack is available for $29.99 and includes 4 different DLC packs. Playable characters Jason Voorhees, Tanya, Predator, and Tremor are each available with one pack, along with extra skins.

harrisongrimms

Jun 14, 2015
Its about time. Christ jesus, the game came out like two months ago. I havent bought it yet specifically because all the characters were not out yet

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I thought predator was going to be part of the base game. Evidently not. I do not see any value in purchasing this latest MK. It feels lacking in that certain area that DLC is aiming fulfill. Like this one.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
the combat pack is pretty over priced anyway. also insulting to 20$ just unlock everything in the krypt. was hoping to be on special during summer sales, but i guess DLCs are not part of the sales.
but it does sound pretty awesome to play as predator. he fits in this universe and im sure one of his fatalities is ripping out the spine of his victims.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Xsjadoblayde said:
I thought predator was going to be part of the base game. Evidently not. I do not see any value in purchasing this latest MK. It feels lacking in that certain area that DLC is aiming fulfill. Like this one.
What exactly is it missing? There are a good number of characters each with 3 different variations. It's almost like a having 60 different characters.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Metalrocks said:
but it does sound pretty awesome to play as predator. he fits in this universe and im sure one of his fatalities is ripping out the spine of his victims.
There's actually gameplay videos of him on youtube already...best I can figure (since I don't own the game :p) is that MK had some sort of "preview" where you could fight against the Predator, but not AS the Predator. His generic outro (no fatality) is ripping out his opponent's skull and spine, then it cuts to a Predator trophy rack as seen in Predator 2 and he places the skull of his opponent with the rest of the collection.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Metalrocks said:
There's actually gameplay videos of him on youtube already...best I can figure (since I don't own the game :p) is that MK had some sort of "preview" where you could fight against the Predator, but not AS the Predator. His generic outro (no fatality) is ripping out his opponent's skull and spine, then it cuts to a Predator trophy rack as seen in Predator 2 and he places the skull of his opponent with the rest of the collection.
lol. didnt look him up yet on youtube, but i sure will check it out eventually. he would be the only character i would buy, and tanya as well. not really interesting with the others. so i guess i save some money that way. even when i think it should be included in the final game regardless.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Heh, I can just see it now; the Predator finishes his opponent by grabbing him and ripping his skull and spine out of his back, holding it high in victory...and just off to the side, Sub-Zero crosses his arms and snorts "Poser."

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Mike Fang said:
Heh, I can just see it now; the Predator finishes his opponent by grabbing him and ripping his skull and spine out of his back, holding it high in victory...and just off to the side, Sub-Zero crosses his arms and snorts "Poser."
he does that. saw some stuff on youtube. his fatalities is shooting some holes in to guys. he rips the spine out if you dont perform a fatality.