8 of the Silliest Star Wars Characters

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
8 of the Silliest Star Wars Characters

Star Wars has featured some truly silly characters. Here are eight of them.

Read Full Article

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I'd have to say out of that list, Nien Nunb is the least ridiculous. At least he was somewhat useful as the co-pilot replacement for Chewie with Lando at the helm. Didn't save Lando from shearing off the dish, but that's Solo's fault for uttering the jinx before leaving the Falcon in Lando's hands. Aside from that I found him to be interesting at least whereas every other character on this list was absolutely atrocious and annoying as fuck.
Of course the EU explanation of Sullustans and Nunb makes him much more badass, hopefully his appearance in EP. VII at least plays off that version a little bit.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
hopefully his appearance in EP. VII at least plays off that version a little bit.
Is he confirmed to be in it?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
hopefully his appearance in EP. VII at least plays off that version a little bit.
There's a few leaked pictures that feature him and Greg Grunberg from Heroes both in Rebel pilot gear but its not 100% confirmed. I hope they leave him in because he's a character I'd like to see more of, in an X-Wing or other rebel starfighter.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
There's a few leaked pictures that feature him and Greg Grunberg from Heroes both in Rebel pilot gear but its not 100% confirmed. I hope they leave him in because he's a character I'd like to see more of, in an X-Wing or other rebel starfighter.
Cool! I always liked his character, simple sidekick kinda dude with an infectious laugh, at least when I was a kid.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I think most of the prequel trilogy's Jedi council looked pretty ridiculous. Also Ahsoka Tano.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
I have soooo much to say about this list!..

Second, hurray for casual racism
What? Seriously, what? He speaks with accent - its racism on creators side? Or maybe someone is paranoic?
Nute Gunray?
Or, you know, maybe it's a political joke?
and Nute could have actually been a decent character
This imbecile would not hold up at a post this high for a five minutes. He must be completely rewritten in order to be a 'decent character'.
Fodesinbeed Annodue
Obvious wink towards Zaphod Beeblebrocks is obvious.
ambiguously offensive accent
1. This character is an obvious jew stereotype.
2. Ohmygod, it's sooooo offensivah!
Jar Jar Binks
Well, OK, have nothing to say here.
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin is not silly. He is the worst thing that happened to Star Wars. This character manages to destroy the image of Darth Vader completely, he has nor real character, he is dumber then Jar Jar and he is boring as hell and, at the same time, annoying whiner.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
How is C3PO not on this list? I cringe every time I hear his voice. Bah! whatevers.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
I think most of the prequel trilogy's Jedi council looked pretty ridiculous. Also Ahsoka Tano.
Ki Adi Mundi... WTF Lucas? And Yaddle? Why is there another Yoda-species alien? And its female? And she doesn't get any airtime except a brief shot? WTF?!?!?

Janichsan

May 26, 2015
What made Nien Numb quite memorable for Germans was that he actually looks a lot like the former German foreign minister Hans-Dietrich Genscher:

Apr 17, 2009
I tend to forget how silly Boss Nass is because all I remmeber is "oh that one voiced by Brian Blessed". I can't hate a character voiced by Brian Blessed, its Brian Blessed!

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
Fair point about the council.

But what's so silly about Ashoka? She's just a young togruta female jedi.

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Rastrelly said:
ambiguously offensive accent
1. This character is an obvious jew stereotype.
2. Ohmygod, it's sooooo offensivah!
Jar Jar Binks
If you're talking about Watto, there seems to be mixed impressions about what kind of accent he has. Jewish, middle-eastern, Italian (the voice actor apparently was trying to do an Italian accent)... Though if you think he is an obvious Jewish stereotype (which many people do), doesn't that make him even more offensive, given the nature of his character?

While I wasn't personally offended by anything that I labeled as "offensive" on this list, I can imagine that people of the associated cultures might be. Perhaps "insensitive" is the better word versus "offensive." I have a Japanese friend that doesn't appreciate when people do that over-the-top asian accent that Nute Gunray seems to have. She isn't incensed by it, but it annoys her.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
A lot of this is rather low-hanging fruit. I'd be more impressed if you listed 8 of the silliest characters who aren't Jar Jar Binks or Nute Gunray.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Can we stop referring the prequels as part of Star Wars canon already?

anglebaby

Jul 13, 2015
Can we stop referring the prequels as part of Star Wars canon already?

Mod edit: spam links removed.

Buckets

May 1, 2014
At least in Star Wars they made an effort to make them actually look alien, Star Trek and pretty much all scifi following generally just stuck some ridges/lumps/ears/antennae on a human and voila! a new race.
There is no doubt that some of the races in the prequels (especially as CGI was more prevalent) were shitty and lazy, but they introduced a lot of diversity in alien life throughout the series prompting a lot of interest in the Star Wars universe as a whole, leading to some great stories post Jedi.
It is a pity a lot of the expanded universe will probably disappear with the newer movies.