Devil's Third Is Coming Stateside on Wii U And PC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Devil's Third Is Coming Stateside on Wii U And PC

Quirky Japanese action-adventure Devil's Third is getting a surprise western release for PC and Wii U.

confirmed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124412-Developer-Confirms-Devils-Third-Still-In-Production] that the game will be making its way stateside: on both the Wii U and the PC.

Nintendo said the release that it would be publishing the Wii U version of the game, and Valhalla would be working on the PC port by itself. Before you get too excited about a PC version, while the Wii U version will feature both a single-player story mode and a multiplayer mode, the PC version "will offer a multiplayer experience tailored for the platform."

What this means is up-in-the-air, but Valhalla did describe the port as "free-to-start", which presumably means free-to-play with microtransactions. Hooray.

The game will be released both at retail, and through the Nintendo eShop, and should hit shelves some time in "Q4, 2015".

Source: Nintendo [http://www.valhallagamestudios.com/en/company/release/20150721.pdf]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
They shouldn't bother then. There's plenty of free to play multiplayer titles on the PC.

You know what the PC as a platform lacks? Quirky single player Japanese action-adventures.

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
The previews for the single player campaign have been getting battered by critics. I watched some footage and I'm inclined to agree. Maybe they sorta just gave up on the single player and decided to hedge all their bets on the multiplayer instead.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
w23eer said:
The previews for the single player campaign have been getting battered by critics. I watched some footage and I'm inclined to agree. Maybe they sorta just gave up on the single player and decided to hedge all their bets on the multiplayer instead.
What's worse, Itagaki pulled an Amy and accused critics of "playing the game wrong".

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
RaikuFA said:
w23eer said:
What's worse, Itagaki pulled an Amy and accused critics of "playing the game wrong".
Then he talked about how bad the Gamepad is when compared to the pro-controller. Granted it is different and while I've heard the argument about the L and R sticks being too far apart, the face-buttons being too close together and gamepad being too heavy for extended play are new to me.

All that in mind; I still kinda want this game. It could be a 'so bad it's good' kinda game like Ride to Hell or Sonic 06.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
Well this was the shortest span of interest I've had for a game, it looked kinda nice, it said "PC", but I then read "No SP on PC" and it was over.