Fallout Shelter Finally Gets an Android Release Date

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Fallout Shelter Finally Gets an Android Release Date

Fallout Shelter is finally making its way to Android in August.

If you're like me and own all Android devices, you have no doubt felt the pain of not being able to join in on the Fallout Shelter joy with other Fallout enthusiasts. At QuakeCon today Todd Howard, game director for Fallout 4, revealed that the mobile sensation will be hitting Android devices next month. In addition, both Android and iOS players alike will be getting new updates.

"Earlier today at QuakeCon, Todd Howard revealed to an enthusiastic crowd that Fallout Shelter will be available for FREE on Google Play for Android devices on August 13th," a blog post recap [https://www.bethblog.com/2015/07/24/fallout-shelter-august-update-android-mr-handy-and-new-threats/] says. "Whether you're playing on Android or on iOS, Fallout Shelter will feature new game updates, including Mr. Handy as an all new premium reward. Have him collect resources inside your Vault, send him into the wasteland to collect loot, and defend your Vault from creatures and disasters, including all new Deathclaw invasions and Molerat infestations."

The mobile title was revealed at Bethesda's E3 2015 conference [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141169-Fallout-Shelter-Mobile-Game-Launches-for-itunes], serving as both a promotional tool for the upcoming Fallout 4 and a way to hold over eager fans of the franchise.

Despite being free to play with optional microtransactions and an iOS exclusive release, Fallout Shelter managed to bring in over $5 million within the first two week of its release [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141613-Fallout-Shelter-Makes-5-Million-in-2-Weeks].

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I'm suddenly regretting offering to give the dev team blowjobs in exchange for a Android port...

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
The Gentleman said:
I'm suddenly regretting offering to give the dev team blowjobs in exchange for a Android port...

OT: I wonder if at least one of my devices can run it.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
The Gentleman said:
On you better commit to that deal. Craddle the balls, work the shaft and swallow the gravy.

As the great Shia once said...

JUST DO IT!!

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
The Gentleman said:
Mister K said:
The Gentleman said:
Oh, I'll do it. You can always hold me to a bet...
Well.
Micro transactions have taken an interesting turn.

I always found games with them in a bit hard to swallow.

(I was going to say something about getting a free mister handy...)

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Oh good, can't wait for this, I was so sad when I found out I couldn't enjoy this.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Nice thing about an android version is even if the game hungers for RAM and crashes on my Nexus 5 like it does on my iPad I can still try it on a PC running android, and my PC has 32GB of RAM if that isn't enough then Fallout Shelter is amazingly broken.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
newwiseman said:
Nice thing about an android version is even if the game hungers for RAM and crashes on my Nexus 5 like it does on my iPad I can still try it on a PC running android, and my PC has 32GB of RAM if that isn't enough then Fallout Shelter is amazingly broken.
Just out of curiosity; what are you using all that ram for?

VectorSlip

Sep 17, 2014
For me, I just hope there is an actual game to play. When it comes to mobage i've long grown tired of, and moved past what essentially amounts to waiting simulators. If it doesn't have some form of actual active gameplay like games like Crusaders Quest, Soccer spirits or hell, even chain chronicles then I just cant see this game being for me even if it does have the fallout brand plastered all over it. If the gameplay boils down to "Press section of dirt, wait 20 irl hours for it to be dug out, press now empty section of dirt, wait 40 irl hours for it to be furnished and habitable, lose everything and everyone in a massive deathclaw invasion, pay 99 bucks for revivals + 100 irl hours for everything to be rebuilt" Then I will be so done it wont even be funny.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
That's still too late, but I'm glad it's finally coming to android. I have an old ipad 2 that simply can't handle the game once the vault is built up a little bit, but I've also got a brand spanking new droid tablet (got it for free when I finally had to give in and replace my phone) that shouldn't have any problems running the game. Little unnerved to hear there will be deathclaw attacks; I've had a hard time fighting off bandits as it is.

I still expect the game to crash a lot and have a lot of bugs, though.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
Ok next question! Does that include Amazon Kindle Fires? Cause they've got their own weird ass version of Android and I find it's hit and miss whether something will be on the Amazon store