WWE 2K16 Will Not Include Hulk Hogan

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
WWE 2K16 Will Not Include Hulk Hogan

2K has confirmed that Hulk Hogan will not appear in the upcoming game WWE 2K16.

Professional wrestler Terry Bollea, known to his fans as Hulk Hogan, has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment following the publishing of a leaked transcript of a conversation in which he allegedly used racial slurs and referred to himself as a racist. The transcript, which was part of a sealed deposition, is said to have come from a video filmed without Hogan's knowledge following a sexual encounter with a friend's wife.

Hogan is no longer listed on the WWE Hall of Fame page and all merchandise related to him has been removed from WWE's online shop. It also has now been confirmed by a representative of 2K that Hogan will not be appearing in WWE 2K16.

"We are highly respectful of the way that our partners choose to run their business and manage our partnerships accordingly," a spokesperson wrote in a statement to IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/24/hulk-hogan-will-not-appear-in-wwe-2k16] today. "We can confirm that Hulk Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16."

Just yesterday wrestlinginc.com [http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0723/598615/new-playable-characters-confirmed-for-the-wwe-2k16-video-game/] reported on a Gamestop Italy leak that confirmed Hogan as one of the over 120 playable characters for the game, which is scheduled to release on October 27.

Hogan released the following apology to People magazine [http://www.people.com/article/hulk-hogan-racist-rant-statement]: "Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation. It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it. This is not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise. I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs."

WWE released the following statement: "WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (a.k.a. Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

[Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/24/hulk-hogan-will-not-appear-in-wwe-2k16]]

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
The Hulkster done fucked up royally. In this day and age, you really have to watch your words if you're any type of famous because there's always the chance that your conversations are recorded by someone.
But still, Hulk screwed Hulk.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
I just love holding people to mistakes made 8 years in the past, in entirely irrelevant situations that have nothing to do with aspects of his present life.

But I do not know Hulk personally, nor do I care about his personal life/opinions/ideologies - so I digress entirely.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
People get hurt over words way too easily, they need to include him in that game and apologize to him for firing him for something so stupid.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Eight years ago thou......EIGHT. Who cares ? in his personal time ? secrectly recorded ? I dont give a shit about Hulk, even when i was kid watching wcw/wwf i thought he was shit. But abit shit for he simply said 8 years ago to bite him in the ass this bad. Not like he killed a guy. Oh he said some shit 8 years ago ? what an asshole. Done why does shit get blown out like this i dont get it.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wait wait wait! Are you saying roided-out macho man from a "sport" watched primarily by white rednecks has racist tendencies?!
Well fuck, next you'll be saying that about NASCAR fans and Klan members.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
Okay, I have no love for Hulk Hogan, if anything, I find this kinda funny, but it's still bullshit, firing a man for a recording of a private conversation had eight years prior? that is bullshit by anyone's standards.

as for him not being in the game, I don't care, as long as we get the comprehensive creation system that was in EVERY game but the previous one again, I never used the wrestlers the came with the game

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
The new norm, someone's life, career and legacy destroyed by a few misguided words, said privately and in anger. God Bless the New World.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Brockyman said:
The new norm, someone's life, career and legacy destroyed by a few misguided words, said privately and in anger. God Bless the New World.
And nearly a decade ago. I'm not a wrestling fan, and so don't plan to buy the game, but still this is utter bullshit. I heard my friend and his brother talking about this yesterday, but I couldn't make out what the issue was. Now I know.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Brockyman said:
And it is only going to get worse, unfortunately.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Hey, Vince McMahon said "nigga" on TV once. Can we get him fired and erased from WWE now?
Brockyman said:
The idea that this is somehow new is more the illusion of recency tan any change in the world.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
You all are acting like the WWE fired him over a moral outrage, apparently they heard about what Hogan had said and knew it was going to be leaked and didn't want to be held responsible for his actions during a time he wasn't with the company. Before this broke Hogan was still being used as a marketing tool by the WWE and was a part of their reality show Tough Enough as a judge, the WWE simply wanted to save face especially during a time when the company is trying to broaden its appeal and break the stigmas previously held about pro-wrestling. I'd imagine after this blows over and everyone forgets about it Hogan will be hired again and have his geriatric ass pushed on stage to promote the company.

I don't agree with firing a man for a conversation he thought was private especially 8 years after the fact, however I can see WWE's side of not wanting to deal with Hogan's dirty laundry especially with the number of talent they have who are black and who have been very hurt by a man they felt was a friend to them.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Obvious they would do that... but what I really want to know is if they are going to benoit him then who gets his achievements? Will the legendary Vacant claim them? Or will it be Sheiky baby?

Well I will say one person who will be happy with this... Triple H. Before he couldn't really be on the "WWE Mount Rushmore" of wrestling as Hogan, Austin, Rock, and Cena couldn't exactly be removed. Now with Hogan gone he can essentially be inserted in.

Silentpony said:
Wait wait wait! Are you saying roided-out macho man from a "sport" watched primarily by white rednecks has racist tendencies?!
Well fuck, next you'll be saying that about NASCAR fans and Klan members.
Classy.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Rozalia1 said:
Obvious they would do that... but what I really want to know is if they are going to benoit him then who gets his achievements? Will the legendary Vacant claim them? Or will it be Sheiky baby?

Well I will say one person who will be happy with this... Triple H. Before he couldn't really be on the "WWE Mount Rushmore" of wrestling as Hogan, Austin, Rock, and Cena couldn't exactly be removed. Now with Hogan gone he can essentially be inserted in.
Might as well be consistent and give it to Brock Lesnar.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
Might as well be consistent and give it to Brock Lesnar.
Careful now. If Triple H hears some people are putting Brock above him now that Hogan is out of the way he might decide it's time he gets back in the ring and stop the Beast because he is The Game, the Cerebral Assassin, the ultimate Arsekicker, the King of Kings, the only diamond in this business, and so on (though the real reason is because in RL he now truly is the Connecticut Blue Blood).

Briantb

Feb 6, 2014
He gets fired for saying something in the past and politicians keep on lying to get elected regardless if it's racist or not and they keep on getting reelected.