Watch: Vega Announced for Street Fighter 5

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: Vega Announced for Street Fighter 5

The beautiful Spanish ninja Vega has been announced for the Street Fighter V lineup.

Capcom has confirmed Vega for Street Fighter V, making him the ninth confirmed character of a roster of 16 playable characters.

First introduced in Street Fighter II, Vega, who believes he is the very definition of beautiful perfection, wears a mask during battle in order to protect his face.

"Vega returns to Street Fighter V with a brand new look and new tricks up his frilly sleeves. Possessing his trademark speed and quickness, Vega now has access to two distinct fighting modes: with claw and without claw," a blog post [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/03/the-spanish-ninja-returns-vega-claws-his-way-into-street-fighter-v/] on playstation.com reads. "That's right, he now has the ability to sheathe his claw during battle in exchange for new moves, such as a command grab, as well as new attack properties, greatly changing the way he approaches each fight."

Once the claw is knocked off, it's gone - so you'd better learn how to fight with him without it. Vega's V-Skill is the Matador Turn, which allows Vega to quickly dodge an attack, and choose whether to launch a quick counterattack that knocks them down or not. His V-Target is the Bloody Kiss, where Vega throws a rose, at high velocity, towards an opponent. If it hits his opponent, he charges and "delivers a series of brutal slashes that devastate the enemy."

Street Fighter V launches for PlayStation and PC in Spring 2016, and will feature free to earn DLC's [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141626-Street-Fighter-V-Post-Release-Gameplay-Content-Can-Be-Earned-For-Free].

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
This is the first character with whom I am not happy. I fidn Vega a whack character and never enjoyed playing against him in 4. After reading his changes in the upcoming game, I do think now he will be better than his previous iteration, but still, would have preferred someone else.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to be excited about this reveal at all. I mean, I used to find Ken really, really dull but I was so impressed with how distinct they made him in Street Fighter V that, out of the characters revealed so far, I'm intending to use him as a main. Vega, on the other hand, just doesn't seem to have that flair at all. Admittedly I never liked Vega in terms of character or playstyle, but I feel like he needs more than some spins and flourishes on his animations to make him stand out.

Still, I'm trying not to pass judgement on anyone until the game's actually out. His hit and run playstyle that gave me such a headache in IV might have been toned down with V's generally more aggressive gameplay, and his V-Trigger rose does look pretty rad. Besides, I'm still a hundred times more interested in Vega than I am in Angry Akuma Necalli.

That said, I'm still struggling to see why they'd choose Vega. Especially when there's only going to be 12 returning characters and we already have 5 Street Fighter II characters.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
And one of my least favourite characters from Street Fighter is shoveled into SFV. *Sigh* Let me guess, Balrog(Boxer) and Sagat are in too?

lassiie

May 26, 2013
The only character I care about being included in this game is Juri. She is basically King from KoF. If Juri is not in this game I will most likely not buy it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I used to play as Vega in the SF2 games as mostly a novelty. It was neat having a claw and climbing his wall in that one stage and...that was about it.

I was kind of hoping he'd look more exciting in V.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Oh Lord, I thought it said Vegeta at first. =D

SolveMedia: Drag Race

That's kind of what it feels like now.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Vega is my main in the SF2 and 4 games, so I'm happy to see him again. Gotta love that reach and speed. XD Granted, my favorite character to play as was Remy from SF3, since the cold blue kick made Guile/Charlie's move set perfect, but alas, So much of SF3 seems to be a secret shame to capcom these days, so I'll take what I can get.