First Look at The Official Star Wars: The Force Awakens Lego Sets

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
First Look at The Official Star Wars: The Force Awakens Lego Sets

These new official The Force Awakens Lego sets will be on store shelves on September 4.

Information on Disney's upcoming Star Wars flick: Star Wars Forever [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/star%20wars%20the%20force%20awakens?os=star+wars+the+force+awakens] seem to have gotten their hands on some official promotional images for the upcoming sets.

There are some twists on old favorites, such as the Tie Fighter, X-Wing, and of course, the Millennium Falcon, as well as some new vehicles and faces, like the speeder we saw at the start of the first trailer, and new villain Kylo Ren's command shuttle. Check them all out below:

[gallery=4521]

Do keep in mind that these sets have not been officially revealed yet, and there is a chance that they could be faked... but it does seem fairly likely that these are the sets we're gonna get on September 4.

It looks like both these Lego sets and several other The Force Awakens toys will actually launch ahead of the movie's December 18 release date.

Source: Star Wars Forever [https://twitter.com/StarWarsJunk/]

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'm pretty sure that these are real sets. As was already stated, September 4th is going to be a big day for Star Wars. Disney has that day circled in red for sure.

But, the reason I think these are real is different. I work at Target, and last week I was wandering around the toy section and I noticed something. ALL of the Star Wars toys are gone. This baffled me, so I double checked, walking up and down each isle. Nothing save for some Lego things. No figures, no lightsabers, no ships, no masks. There wasn't a single piece of Star Wars merchandise for the toy section. There's not even a spot on the shelf for them now. I asked one of my coworkers and was told that they had put EVERYTHING on clearance and collectors had come in and cleared the entire area.
This seemed really odd to me because, come on it's Star Wars. Why on earth would a major retail chain get rid of all Star Wars toys, especially with a new movie coming out this year? And then it hit me. Disney was probably getting ready to drop a whole lot of new stuff, so we had to get rid of the old stuff. Of course no one at the store knows this. We were just told to make it go away, but I'm betting that's what happened.

So I'm betting these sets are real too.

shadoe14

Feb 27, 2012
Aside from Fallout 4, I don't think there was a single moment this year where this statement was more pertinent.

Seriously, Those X-Wing and Millennium Falcon sets look fantastic.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Damn. I'm gonna need a second job.

shadoe14 said:
Aside from Fallout 4, I don't think there was a single moment this year where this statement was more pertinent.

I second that meme! :)

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Gen 4 Millennium Falcon is just the Gen 3 Millennium Falcon but with more dark stone grey and a square radar dish.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Alcom1 said:
Gen 4 Millennium Falcon is just the Gen 3 Millennium Falcon but with more dark stone grey and a square radar dish.
I don't like it. It somehow looks boxier. The new radar is just a grey snowplough part, so I'll just stick one of those on my 2011 kit.

The new X-wing however. Hot damn that is one menacing beastie. I want it.

Count_A'ight

Dec 29, 2010
I am so relieved that Lego is putting out a villains battle pack that will probably have Kylo Ren in it so I can pass on spending 100 bucks for a goofy looking shuttle. Lego is also putting out a heroes battle pack that will probably have Finn in it so I can pass on buying another Falcon that doesn't seem that different from the Falcon I have. Kind of wished the x-wing was generic and not Poe Dameron's x-wing, though I love the color scheme.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Cool, I guess. I personally collect LEGO animals and other creatures more, so this is not really up my alley.
That X-wing looks nice though.

Also it's worth keeping in mind the LEGO sets like this aren't always 100% accurate at least on the scenes they depict.
The Jurassic World sets for example had scenes that didn't exist (and Dilophosaurus that we only saw as a hologram, although it makes me wonder if that was an appearance cut from the movie...)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
*sees the new X-Wing* I WANT IT!

ZZoMBiE13 said:

shadoe14 said:

Thirded, though in the case of Fallout 4 it should be this.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Fijiman said:
*sees the new X-Wing* I WANT IT!

ZZoMBiE13 said:

shadoe14 said:

Thirded, though in the case of Fallout 4 it should be this.
Nah, someone already sent in Bottlecaps hoping to get a freebie. But they said it was only going to happen once. :p

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
:( I liked having money!

Good to see a lot of smaller looking models though to pass the time whilst saving for the bigger ones!

I like to fill the space between my big ships with speeders/droids etc.