All Hearthstone: The Grand Tournament Cards Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
All Hearthstone: The Grand Tournament Cards Revealed

After a slow "card-a-day" trickle, Blizzard has decided to go ahead and reveal all of the upcoming cards for The Grand Tournament expansion.

When Blizzard announced its upcoming The Grand Tournament [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141897-Hearthstone-New-Ranked-Rewards-Mechanics] expansion pack for its card battler Hearthstone, it only showed us a fraction of the cards that would be included, and proceeded to tease us by slowly revealing cards each day, either via its own official website or via popular Hearthstone community members. Now, it has decided to simply reveal all of the remaining cards, and we now have a complete database of The Grand Tournament cards.

Check them all out below, separated by class:

Warlock:

[gallery=4522]

Warrior:

[gallery=4523]

Shaman:

[gallery=4524]

Rogue:

[gallery=4525]

Priest:

[gallery=4526]

Paladin:

[gallery=4527]

Mage:

[gallery=4528]

Hunter:

[gallery=4530]

Druid:

[gallery=4529]

Neutral:

[gallery=4531]

We still don't have an official release date as of yet, aside from "August", but there aren't too many days left in August so unless there's a last-minute delay we should see it go live in the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, enjoy theorycrafting!

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/]

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I'm going to give my thoughts on the legendary's only because doing all them will take all day.

Wilfred: meh

varian wrynn: Holy shit that seems amazing

The mistcaller: Holy shit so does this one

anub'arak: This card would be good if it was cheaper or 4/8 I don't see this getting any play

confessor: I'm not sure if this is better or worse than Sneed's Old Shredder But since Sneed's sees play I think this card will too

eadric: I Can see handlocks bursting into tears because of this card but besides that I don't think you'll see much play

Rhonin: Can't really tell with this one.

dreadscale: Seems okay but I don't see hunters playing this card Since they have so many other ways of removal.

acidmaw: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA WOW! JUST WOW! This is too much mana for those shitty stats, I mean my God.

Aviana: Hi Doctor Boom how are you today, I mean this is broken as fuck.

Bof Ramshield: not that good

IceHowl: who would play this?

Gormok: it depends how good Zoo is after this expansion.

Chillmaw: Seems decent, once again we need to see what happens the meta.

eydis/Fjola: powercreep of spider tank but still seem pretty good

skycap'n Kragg: great artwork wasted on a Meh card

Justicar: seems pretty good once again will have to see how well inspire takes off.

skeleton Knight: I don't see anyone playing this.

Nexus-champion: seems like a really fun card

gonenow3

May 2, 2015
tf2godz said:
I'm good to give my thoughts on the legendary's only because doing all them take all day.

Spider tank is a 3/4 mech the mech tag is why it is budgeted more (That said there was some obvious power creep in the expansion like Ice Rager). This isn't a case of power creep in the same way that Bloodfen Raptor isn't just a worse version of Knife Juggler.

Wilfred is amazing because Fencing Coach exists meaning you can actually use him turn you play him. Same reason confessor is strictly better than Sneed because you can get the Inspire effect coming out on the turn you play it without having to risk silence.

coolbond

Mar 1, 2011
gonenow3 said:
tf2godz said:
I'm good to give my thoughts on the legendary's only because doing all them take all day.

Spider tank is a 3/4 mech the mech tag is why it is budgeted more (That said there was some obvious power creep in the expansion like Ice Rager). This isn't a case of power creep in the same way that Bloodfen Raptor isn't just a worse version of Knife Juggler.

Wilfred is amazing because Fencing Coach exists meaning you can actually use him turn you play him. Same reason confessor is strictly better than Sneed because you can get the Inspire effect coming out on the turn you play it without having to risk silence.
plus with him on the field you plus with the garrison commander if your lucky you can get a average of 10 mana worth of summons for half of that

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
gonenow3 said:
Though I do find it strange their are a couple of strictly better cards here, considering that they have changed cards in the past, why make straight up better versions of old cards instead of just changing the old cards.

The ones I'm referring to are Ice Rager VS Magma Rager, and Evil Heckler VS Booty Bay Body Guard.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
My 2 cents.

People are heavily underestimating Anub'Arak and I bet it'll be one of the most underrated legendarys from this set.

On the flip side I see Aviana being the most overrated legendary from this set. The set up for it is massive. You need to hold several high mana cards, at least 1 innervate (possibly even coin), and make sure your opponent wastes board clears before they come out.

That's a lot of setup for what absolutely wont be a OTK.

Eric the Orange said:
gonenow3 said:
Though I do find it strange their are a couple of strictly better cards here, considering that they have changed cards in the past, why make straight up better versions of old cards instead of just changing the old cards.

The ones I'm referring to are Ice Rager VS Magma Rager, and Evil Heckler VS Booty Bay Body Guard.
The only thing I can think of is that Magma Rager and Booty Bay Bodyguard are free basic cards. Its a really bad excuse and does show bad signs of power creep, its not the end of the world since their counterparts are common cards so they shouldn't be too hard to get.

As for the 2 mana slot, that's just all over the place in terms of value. It's so ridic that I can't even quite figure out what the base value is for a 2 mana card. 2/3 or 3/2 seems like the max stats, but the abilities are all over the place. 1 damage a summon is equal to reducing the cost of mechs by 1 is equal to taunt/divine shield? That makes no sense.

gonenow3

May 2, 2015
shintakie10 said:
My 2 cents.

People are heavily underestimating Anub'Arak and I bet it'll be one of the most underrated legendarys from this set.

On the flip side I see Aviana being the most overrated legendary from this set. The set up for it is massive. You need to hold several high mana cards, at least 1 innervate (possibly even coin), and make sure your opponent wastes board clears before they come out.

Anub is unplayable its 9 mana for a 4 health minion that does nothing and then it takes up another turn to play it again. It doesn't fit into any Rogue archetype and in a combo / aggro game its honestly just way too slow with no redeeming qualities over other 9 mana cost minions.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Disclaimer: I don't play the game as I don't have any devices that can run it but I watch it on Youtube a lot.

It seems they're really pushing for Control Hunter to be a thing, that should be interesting and it will at least stop people complaining about poxy Face Hunter.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
gonenow3 said:
shintakie10 said:
My 2 cents.

Anub is unplayable its 9 mana for a 4 health minion that does nothing and then it takes up another turn to play it again. It doesn't fit into any Rogue archetype and in a combo / aggro game its honestly just way too slow with no redeeming qualities over other 9 mana cost minions.
Its 9 mana for a 4 health minion that leaves a 4 health minion when it dies and can be resummoned next turn. Your opponents only counter to it is to silence it because it can always be in play after the initial summon and will always leave a body when it dies.

Its only unplayable in the current meta. That's the problem I have with this logic. The current meta doesn't allow for anythin slow that isn't Ramp Druid because the meta doesn't have any way to counter fast decks other than a faster deck or very specific decks meant to counter fast decks. TGT has the ability to change that entirely because it's designed to do just that. Will it work? That's anyones guess. If it doesn't then Anub will absolutely be in the trash bin. If it does then Anub will absolutely become an extremely good card if/when control Rogue ever becomes a thing (or Oil Rogue transitions into a control, which it sort of is already).

gonenow3

May 2, 2015
shintakie10 said:
gonenow3 said:
shintakie10 said:
My 2 cents.

Its 9 mana for a 4 health minion that leaves a 4 health minion when it dies and can be resummoned next turn. Your opponents only counter to it is to silence it because it can always be in play after the initial summon and will always leave a body when it dies.

Its only unplayable in the current meta. That's the problem I have with this logic. The current meta doesn't allow for anythin slow that isn't Ramp Druid because the meta doesn't have any way to counter fast decks other than a faster deck or very specific decks meant to counter fast decks. TGT has the ability to change that entirely because it's designed to do just that. Will it work? That's anyones guess. If it doesn't then Anub will absolutely be in the trash bin. If it does then Anub will absolutely become an extremely good card if/when control Rogue ever becomes a thing (or Oil Rogue transitions into a control, which it sort of is already).
Its playable again for another 9 mana basically you spend your entire turn playing this big weak minion just so you have a 4-4 on board by the end (This is if it doesn't get silenced / hard removed). It has no immediate impact and even in a slow meta this would be way too slow to be useful. Even Malorne is probably better if you want constant value. Compare this to every other 7-9 mana legendary.

DR boom is better / Ragnaros is better / Alex is better / Malygos is better / Ysera is better / Kel'Thuzad is better / Sylvanas / Emperor T is better etc etc. Your curve would need to be really top heavy to make Anub have a place over these. Yes I get he is a slow legendary but the issue is he is way too slow of a legendary and his effect isn't worth constantly playing him every turn. He is a slow legendary that gives no real value which is why everyone who plays this has slated it as a bad card and rightfully so

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I'm pretty hyped for Chillmaw, although maybe just because I have all of the legendary dragons (aside from Nozdormu because he is buggy as shit) and adding more to my collection would be fun. I've even got a Druid deck with all of them in with the goal of ramping to 9 mana ASAP with double Wild Growth/Grove Tenders with stuff like Deathlord and obviously the good old Chow to stall the game. Also Tree of Life because Tree of Life is hilarious.

Funny thing is i'm climbing with it. Why? Why is this working? I'm dicking about with Ramp Druid: Dragon Edition and Malygos Hunter in which you thought Quick Shot into Quick Shot into Skill Command was a nightmare before? Think again. You drop Thaurissan down with double Arcane Shot in hand and it's a free 14 damage the second you drop Malygos. I don't even need him to win either because Hunter is still a braindead rush class even when i'm trying not to play that way. Alleria is too classy to play basic face race Hunter.

Also Eydis/Fjola are going to be really good, i'm gonna make a buff centric Priest deck with them in (preferably Fjola) once I get them.

Of course I will make a ramp Avianna deck at one point, like many other people will at least try to i'm sure.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the image viewing system on articles on this websites is terrible. The image scroll only displays part of the image in the album, and to view the image full size you have to click through to each individual image's page, and each time you load a page it lags horribly.

Why bother even including the images when for example you can see all of the cards on one page on pages like this [http://hearthstoneplayers.com/list-grand-tournament-cards/]. I hope the escapist plan on improving it soon. [/rant over.]

With regards to the new expansion I hope it helps to slow down the meta, away from aggro decks. I think, like some other players said, there will be an initial slow down as people try out the new cards when the new expansion comes out. But from what it looks like the Inspire mechanic seems slow but not all that powerful.

I have mixed feelings about the new Joust mechanic though. There just doesn't seem to be enough cards with it to make it a worthwhile addition to the game.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I must say, I am not too impressed by this expansion. I am glad they are trying to slow things down, as the insane amount of aggro I see on ladder has gotten really old and frankly is no longer fun to play against. But I don't think these cards will do it. With the Inspire cards to get their bonus you basically need to consider them as costing 2 more than it says on the card, which drops their worth significantly. Take Wilfred Fizzlebang. On paper he looks fantastic, in reality since you need to use your power for it to work he is basically an 8 cost 4/4. Even with his ability that is really awful. I don't think most of the Inspire cards will make any real dent in the current meta unless things REALLY change. Same with most of the Joust cards. They are simply outclassed by cards who already do their job without the coin flip. Why pay 6 for a 5/6 that MIGHT get taunt and divine shield when I can pay 5 for something that ALWAYS has taunt and divine shield? There are some good cards of course, but overall things won't be shaken up too much. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am.

gonenow3

May 2, 2015
Comic Sans said:
I must say, I am not too impressed by this expansion. I am glad they are trying to slow things down, as the insane amount of aggro I see on ladder has gotten really old and frankly is no longer fun to play against. But I don't think these cards will do it. With the Inspire cards to get their bonus you basically need to consider them as costing 2 more than it says on the card, which drops their worth significantly. Take Wilfred Fizzlebang. On paper he looks fantastic, in reality since you need to use your power for it to work he is basically an 8 cost 4/4. Even with his ability that is really awful. I don't think most of the Inspire cards will make any real dent in the current meta unless things REALLY change. Same with most of the Joust cards. They are simply outclassed by cards who already do their job without the coin flip. Why pay 6 for a 5/6 that MIGHT get taunt and divine shield when I can pay 5 for something that ALWAYS has taunt and divine shield? There are some good cards of course, but overall things won't be shaken up too much. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am.
Fencing coach exists. If you are running an Inspire deck then you run Fencing coach. Thats just common sense. But yes all the joust cards suck (Including healing wave and the Tuskar) and they won't see use in constructed. As for the aggro heavy meta at the top ranks there is very little aggro other than the occasional Aggro paladin. Its mostly combo wombo and mid range all day

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
avouleance2nd said:
Though I have to wonder if you can create an infinite loop if both players have Knife Juggler and a Dreadsteed.
just wait for trolden, hearthfunny or rage orc to post the clip, knowing hearthstone that will happen at some point