These Real-Life Mortal Kombat Fatalities Will Make You Lose Your Lunch

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
These Real-Life Mortal Kombat Fatalities Will Make You Lose Your Lunch

WARNING: Graphic! Mortal Kombat's infamous fatalities become slightly less hilarious when played out in real life.

It's been 23 years since Mortal Kombat dun changed the game, or at least, changed our perception of how much brutality and carnage could be allowed in the game. Kombat's spine-ripping, soul-shattering fatalities were so appalling in their time that they eventually led to the creation of the ESRB rating system as we know it today, which is really saying something when viewing the relatively tame gore of the original through the lens of today's uber-violent installments.

But if we as a society have truly grown as accustomed to violence as we say we have, why is this video depicting some of Mortal Kombat's most gruesome fatalities with live-action effects so damn hard to watch? I mean, I'm assuming it'll be hard to watch for some of you -- I just happen to find this skit from YouTubers RackaRacka [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz_cDc_2arKIb6SlJoqFT0w] as technically impressive as it hilarious. I guess I really am dead inside.

In any case, a serious round of applause is due to RackaRacka for creating this thing, and just a day after the Mortal Kombat movie New Line's MK reboot [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mortal-kombat-movie-oral-history-815287] to help cleanse us of the truely gruesome memory that was Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Source: Bloody-Disgusting [http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3357583/real-life-mortal-kombat-fatalities-fcking-gruesome/]

DonTsetsi

May 22, 2009
It was not that realistic... Everyone with some interest in biology and an internet connection has seen much worse.

P.S. For the love of god, never image search for necrotising fasciitis.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Black Scorpion always wins...

That was pretty awesome. Brutal, but awesome. Is it evil of me that I was laughing through the whole thing?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Half way I was like; laaame! But the latter half was quite funny.
But realistic? Not at all.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Holy shit that was over the top.
Also, like Trivun said, am I somewhat evil that I could watch that with a grin plastered on my face?

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Lol not even that bad, over the top and unrealistic just like MK is, was great but then you have the looming shadow of OMG IM OFFENDED CRUSADERS

Mar 30, 2010
You guys joke, going on and on about 'Mortal Kombat parody' as if that justifies it, but this was real footage obtained by the Australia Censory Board of a normal family that had been exposed to the seemingly innocent 'Minecraft' for a whole 30 minutes. How dare you cheapen the moral damage being done to wholesome families by your vile 'hobby'.