Street Fighter V Beta Reopened in Europe

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Street Fighter V Beta Reopened in Europe

Will expand to global release following trio of regional tests.

After a bungled first attempt at a promised global beta for Street Fighter V last month, Capcom has begun smaller, regional tests in preparation for a second try. Two limited-time, 8 hour testing periods are currently being run in Europe, with the hope that success there will mean the game is ready to go for larger stress tests in North America and Asia.

No dates have been announced for these future tests, with Capcom holding back on confirmation until the results of the first regional tests are completed. Once all three regions have been locally tested and successful, Capcom will provide additional details on when they will resume the global test.

When Capcom switched servers on [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141740-Street-Fighter-V-Closed-Beta-Offline] for the global Street Fighter V beta test on July 23, it didn't take long for complaints of network connectivity problems preventing players from accessing the beta to arise. Over a few hours, the servers were taken offline and restarted several times before Capcom opted to pull the plug, promising to resume the beta when it was functional. The PlayStation 4 exclusive beta, while available for free in some regions, was used as a pre-order inducement in North America.

Street Fighter V is currently expected to release in March 2016 for PS4 and Windows PCs.

Source: Capcom [http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2015/08/20/sfv-updated-beta-plans]

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
It's good that Capcom will be holding several betas to iron out all these issues and their netcode. Online play is the bread and butter of arcade fighters of this generation (besides tournament play obviously :p).

I wish they'd hurry up with the PC beta though, especially considering Capcom are going for cross-platform PC + PS4 gameplay. If they can smoothly pull that off, SF5 has the potential to become the most played online arcade fighter ever.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
I played about 5 hours last night. Mainly with Ryu and Nash until they unlocked Birdie and Cammy. Tried a bit with Birdie, but it wasn't my thing. Cammy on the other hand was great. Her V-trigger is fantastic and does great damage if you can combo your spiral arrow into your cannon spike. Her ultra is also awesome, since you can combo into it from your spiral once you've activated your V-trigger. The animation for her super is awesome, as well as the animations of her normals and specials. Will definitely be using her as my main again tonight. Linking combos is also easier.

As for the connection, I played it wirelessly from my PS4 and 80% of the matches I had were really solid. The laggy ones were usually either with people from the UK or Russia. Still, much smoother online performance than I would usually get when playing online USFIV on PC.