Special Operations Doxhound

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Reminds me of a recent episode of Game Grumps where-in they name-drop and start bashing on the person who wrote the guide they're using for Sonic Adventure DX. They ended up taking the video down and editing out all references to the guide's author's name, but apparently the damage had been done.

Despite the fact that the guide was written over a decade ago, people apparently flooded the poor bastard's email (which, obviously, is over a decade old as well). This actually prompted the author to go back to the guide he wrote in 2004 and update it with a single sentence: "The emeralds are in random locations, damnit!" referring to the fact that - when searching for the master emerald pieces as Knuckles - his guide pretty much just says "Yeah, they're somewhere out there, go find them."

CrossGuard

Mar 8, 2015
Caramel Frappe said:
CrossGuard said:
Sigh. It's a shame we're stuck with assholes like this.

What can we do?
Did he just straight up disrespect Jim Sterling? In person? Without any context or reason? ... wow ...
That dude should be ashamed. It's unprofessional and I salute Jim for keeping it together against someone so, toxic man.
He wasn't talking to Jim. He was condoning doxing to people whom he thinks deserve it.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Looks at face in comic...
Wait are you guys accusing the Autobots of doxing?!
Don't be racists, just because their 'robots in disguise' it doesn't make them inherently shady!

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
CrossGuard said:

What can we do?
Did he just straight up disrespect Jim Sterling? In person? Without any context or reason? ... wow ...
That dude should be ashamed. It's unprofessional and I salute Jim for keeping it together against someone so, toxic man.

OT: I remember seeing a few posters on here actually write out addresses of those who've wronged people. I don't mean against other members, I mean against people say, a judge that threw a honored student in jail because she missed a day of school despite having straight A's, working two-three full time jobs, and was looking after her sister. Personally the judge was assaulted by people anyhow so nothing people said here could trigger / prevent stuff like that lol.
Thats Adam Sessler, a very crappy reviewer who gets more praise than he deserves. His X Play reviews were downright mind numbing.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Could I please get a bit of context here? I'm a little out of loop and the 'joke' is just completely lost.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Caramel Frappe said:
CrossGuard said:

What can we do?

OT: I remember seeing a few posters on here actually write out addresses of those who've wronged people. I don't mean against other members, I mean against people say, a judge that threw a honored student in jail because she missed a day of school despite having straight A's, working two-three full time jobs, and was looking after her sister. Personally the judge was assaulted by people anyhow so nothing people said here could trigger / prevent stuff like that lol.
Thats Adam Sessler, a very crappy reviewer who gets more praise than he deserves. His X Play reviews were downright mind numbing.
I used to really be a fan of Adam Sessler at one point especially when he was on X-Play. His reviews never really bothered me more so because I treated them as comedy than as a serious review. He has had some good ideas like getting rid of numbered reviews but over the past few years he has said some pretty stupid stuff including the doxing thing which I disagree with.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
Could I please get a bit of context here? I'm a little out of loop and the 'joke' is just completely lost.
They begin talking about hate speech in online video games and after that is where Sessler says the doxing thing. Here is a link with the time marker at the part where they being talking about it.

youtu.be/QOxRxyv6TFs?t=26m7s

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Deathfish15 said:
Its about a stealth game where some dude breaks into rich peoples houses in a dystopian future, records it and runs it as a tutorial on the internet or something for the supressed and downtrodden class to reenact... like a tutorial on how to be robin hood.

Wich turns south rather fast when people get murdered left and right.

A somewhat heavy handed comment on the practice on doxxing it seems, i say heavy handed cause... no one has been murdered yet as a result of doxxing or even had their home broken in to. (internet "activists" are notorious cowards and rather resume to sending you "gifts" in the mail like knifes and syringes or try to call your employer claiming youre a pedophile in order to get you fired.. you know, shit they can get away with without having to show up in person or have their own identity revealed)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Is this in reference to some real-life doxxing incident? Or a game? I haven't played every game Grey and Corey have.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Bat Vader said:
Deathfish15 said:
They begin talking about hate speech in online video games and after that is where Sessler says the doxing thing. Here is a link with the time marker at the part where they being talking about it.

He and people like him are the reason we're going to be dealing with doxxing and other kinds of harassment as long as there's an internet.

When you allow an exception based on a subjective quality, such as it being 'deserved', it follows that assholes of any political or moral leaning have all the justification they need to continue with such tactics.
Whatever impressive moral contortionist feats they have to perform, anyone who harasses and doxxes probably feels justified in doing so.
They tell themselves that the target 'deserves' what they're getting.

Of course, they're as wrong as they could be, but with statements like the one from Sessler, there's a nice piece of validation for them.
I don't think he cares overly though, as to make such a statement he must also be making the assumption those validated by it are going after people he thinks deserve it.
Unfortunately as we've seen over the years another favored justification used to validate horrible acts is 'they do it, so I'll do it to them'.

Oh well.
Funny comic.
If we're riding a log flume into dystopia, might as well have a chuckle now and again.
Let's not forget to throw our arms in the air for the photo at the bottom.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Mikeybb said:
Bat Vader said:
Deathfish15 said:

He and people like him are the reason we're going to be dealing with doxxing and other kinds of harassment as long as there's an internet.

When you allow an exception based on a subjective quality, such as it being 'deserved', it follows that assholes of any political or moral leaning have all the justification they need to continue with such tactics.
Whatever impressive moral contortionist feats they have to perform, anyone who harasses and doxxes probably feels justified in doing so.
They tell themselves that the target 'deserves' what they're getting.

Of course, they're as wrong as they could be, but with statements like the one from Sessler, there's a nice piece of validation for them.
I don't think he cares overly though, as to make such a statement he must also be making the assumption those validated by it are going after people he thinks deserve it.
Unfortunately as we've seen over the years another favored justification used to validate horrible acts is 'they do it, so I'll do it to them'.

Oh well.
Funny comic.
If we're riding a log flume into dystopia, might as well have a chuckle now and again.
Let's not forget to throw our arms in the air for the photo at the bottom.
I wasn't agreeing with Sessler. I was just providing the conversation that leads up to him saying it. I hate doxxing. I consider it just as bad as swatting and hopefully the people that do both all get arrested and thrown in prison.

CrossGuard

Mar 8, 2015
Bat Vader said:
Deathfish15 said:

At 27:22. What a classy guy.

Vanilla_Knight

Jun 25, 2015
Darth_Payn said:
Is this in reference to some real-life doxxing incident? Or a game? I haven't played every game Grey and Corey have.
The game is called Volume. http://store.steampowered.com/app/365770/

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Bat Vader said:
*snipped for space* I wasn't agreeing with Sessler. I was just providing the conversation that leads up to him saying it. I hate doxxing. I consider it just as bad as swatting and hopefully the people that do both all get arrested and thrown in prison.
I didn't think you were.
My inclination was that you didn't approve and linked for the benefit of others, rather than to support it.

What you read wasmy reaction to the words of the man than your own.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough in the post.

Vanilla_Knight

Jun 25, 2015
CrossGuard said:
Bat Vader said:
Deathfish15 said:

At 27:22. What a classy guy.
Wow. I hadn't actually watched the rest of that. Did he actually try to say that misandry doesn't exist and that MensRights isn't an actual legit movement? So the #killallmen and "male tears" responses to men having nearing the same rates of domestic abuse against them yet being arrested when they were the victim and also being victims of rape, that isn't misandry? What a shame. A bumbling idiot just like Steve Shives.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
The title makes me want to make a parody of MGS with Foxhound's sister organization: Dachshund.