September's Free PlayStation Plus Games Announced

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
September's Free PlayStation Plus Games Announced

Grow Home takes first subscriber vote.

Sony has announced the September lineup for the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection program, including the first game to have been voted in by the subscribers, Grow Home.

In addition to Grow Home, the products available in September feature a very strong collection of great 2D platformers. Emotional, wordless Teslagrad (PS3/PS4) will be available, while Super Time Force (PS4) brings a more manic gameplay. Also making the list is Xeodrifter (PS4/PS Vita), a sci-fi platforming shooter from Mutant Mudds studio Renegade Kid due to release at the start of the promotion and, perhaps the benchmark of brutal exploration games, La Mulana EX (PS Vita) makes the cut as well.

Rounding out the list (and impossible to be more different from it), the PS3 release of Twisted Metal will also be available.

PlayStation Plus subscribers who were more interested in the other two games proposed in their Vote to Play system [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141843-PlayStation-Plus-Vote-to-Play], Armello and Zombie Vikings will be able to purchase those games at a 30% discount until September 15.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/24/ps-plus-free-games-for-september-2015/]

Flippincrazy

Jul 4, 2010
Had a sneaking suspicion that this one would win out of the three. Cute little robot exploring a strange environment whilst making cute noises. Definitely had the best advert. Hell, I'm pretty taken with the whole Wall-E-esque vibe of the thing.

Personally was hoping for Zombie Vikings though. Sure it looked dumb and the jokes seemed really hit and miss, but I need my Castle Crashers fix on PS4 damnit!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Yes my vote won! Haha! I hardly win any democratic decision. Especially the last British election. Thanks, Obama public! We are going down the sh...ok, i'll stop a political rant right there.

Grow Home, finally. Hm, that is not a confusing title to use.
We need a newGen Twisted Metal. Please tell me the publishers haven't decided upon themselves that car deathmatches are not wanted by modern audiences, they bloody well are! Just not half-arsed, broken ones. How many years till it goes to kickstarter instead, I wonder?
Teslagrad I already have. It is European mood drenched Metroidvania with cool magnet devices. But I am so very lost and a mechanical bird keeps killing me and I have no way of attacking. This is going to require a wiki, isn't it?

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
But I am so very lost and a mechanical bird keeps killing me and I have no way of attacking. This is going to require a wiki, isn't it?
I think I can supply a hint without spoiling it for you. What's the last piece of new equipment you collected and can you think of a way it could be used in combination with the boss?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Conrad Zimmerman said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
But I am so very lost and a mechanical bird keeps killing me and I have no way of attacking. This is going to require a wiki, isn't it?
I think I can supply a hint without spoiling it for you. What's the last piece of new equipment you collected and can you think of a way it could be used in combination with the boss?
Ah hah, why thanks! I forgot about certain items in possession on last boot-up of the game. My ascent shall commence!