Hear Nolan North as Ghost in The Taken King

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Hear Nolan North as Ghost in The Taken King

Bungie has released a new trailer for Destiny: The Taken King, which gives fans their first taste of Nolan North's Ghost.

Earlier this month it was revealed that Bungie had decision to replace Dinklage [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141878-Nolan-North-Takes-Over-the-Role-of-Ghost] came down to a matter of availability, while the decision to replace the existing Dinklage dialogue was made in the interest of continuity.

Today, Bungie released a The Taken King teaser ahead of tomorrow's scheduled Destiny: The Taken King livestream, giving fans their first look (hear?) at North's Ghost.

The livestream kicks off at 11am PT/2pm ET on Twitch [http://www.twitch.tv/bungie.], and will debut a new "Strike against a rival Cabal invasion force inside The Taken King's stronghold."

The Taken King releases on September 15.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Lizzy Finnegan said:
The decision to replace Dinklage came down to a matter of availability, while the decision to replace the existing Dinklage dialogue was made in the interest of continuity.
My theory is that they replaced Dinklage to pre-emptively deny the world more future "Dinklebot" jokes and memes.
Lord knows that was the only thing I enjoyed from Destiny.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I hope that this expansion does what all my friends keep saying it will do: fix the story. I want to like this game, but it's just...lacking in soul. Very pretty, but that's it. I hear that this DLC will overhaul a lot of stuff, so I will see if it's enough in the basic game before I buy this expansion.

North does sound a little more invested than Dinklage, so there's that.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Makabriel said:
Kreett said:
ALL HAIL NOLANBOT FOR HE IS GOOD, HE IS WISE, HE IS KIND
LONG LIVE DINKLEBOT!!

Nolanbot sounds too chipper
ALL HAIL NOLANBOT!! THE ONE TRUE HOLY GHOST!!

At least he won't sound like microsoft sam narrating every loading screen again

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Prefer the old voice.

Been clean of Destiny for a good 7 weeks now... this does make me want to play again but... I have to resist...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Huh...His voice reminded me of that cute little thing from episode 3 of Tales from the Borderlands. So, better?

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Not too terribly different from the original. Sounds like there's a lot of editing/directing going on behind the scenes with a particular vision behind it that is the one we don't like rather than the voice actor...

Oh well.