The Warcraft Movie Trailer Has Leaked Online

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
The Warcraft Movie Trailer Has Leaked Online

A grainy trailer for next year's World of Warcraft movie has leaked online.

The footage may be grainy and its source less than trustworthy (a Romanian handheld video here [https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3j796s/a_trailer_for_the_wowmovie_just_got_leaked/] before it's taken down![/B]

The Warcraft trailer original premiered at Comic Con in July and was leaked online shortly thereafter (and taken down just as quickly). As you can tell from the footage, the movie will be a CGI-heavy affair and looks pretty incredible despite the poor quality of the video. Let's hope director Duncan Jones and Legendary Pictures can be the team that finally does a video game movie justice.

The official synopsis for Warcraft, which is set to be released on June 10th, (not March 10th, as the current posters suggest), 2016, is below:

Legendary's WARCRAFT is a 3D epic adventure of world-colliding conflict based upon Blizzard Entertainment's globally-renowned universe. Directed by Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) and written by Charles Leavitt and Duncan Jones, the film is a Legendary Pictures, Blizzard Entertainment and Atlas Entertainment production. The producers are Charles Roven, Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Alex Gartner and Stuart Fenegan. Jillian Share, Brent O'Connor, Michael Morhaime and Paul Sams serve as executive producers. Rob Pardo, Chris Metzen, Nick Carpenter and Rebecca Steel Roven co-produce. WARCRAFT will be released by Universal Pictures

Fighting for The Alliance, Warcraft features Dominic Cooper as King Llane Wrynn, Travis Fimmel as Anduin Lothar, Ben Foster as Medivh, Ben Schnetzer as Khadgar, and Ruth Negga as Lady Taria, and on the side of The Horde is also Clancy Brown as Blackhand, Toby Kebbel as Durotan, and Daniel Wu as Gul'Dan, with Paula Patton's Garona caught in the middle.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/1/9239143/warcraft-movie-trailer-leak]

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
My primary concern for this is that Duncan Jones might struggle to jump from the (Admittedly great) small scale sci-fi thrillerss he's done before to a large scale fantasy epic. Still, he's a great talent, so I'm fairly optimistic fr this compared to every other video game movie.

Aetrion

May 19, 2012
I don't understand why I'm supposed to rush to see leaked content every time it happens. It's not like it's a secret movie that you will never get to see unless it's leaked.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Saw it the first time it was leaked.
And all I got is a resounded "Meh...". I mean it doesn't look bad, but at this point I can't figure out why its live-action. Just make it fully animated like Spirits Within or something. Truly like 95% of the thing looks CG, and there's nothing wrong with that per-se, but just go whole hog.

That much CG and live-action just looks silly. Like I think they're forgetting that Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was really neat not because of the amount of CG, but because 1 guy did it all over the course of years as a 'for fun' project.

PatrickJS

Jun 8, 2015
I'm seeing this movie much more for Duncan Jones than the Warcraft license - that said, the trailer doesn't give me a lot of hope, and Source Code was already a bit of a let-down (that is to say, it was a good movie that pales to Moon)

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Well, it speaks two things to me; yes, this is the WoW lore I know (have all the physical books). And; awwww, this looks so very standard!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, it doesn't look like the worst thing ever.

Honestly, if it just ends up basically being a really long cutscene then I imagine I will enjoy it. I'm always up for some well animated action.

I suspect it will get a critical mauling though.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
PH3NOmenon said:
It's basically exactly what I feared: the cgi already looks dated.
Considering the video quality seems to be that of a fucking potato i don't think anyone can really say that the CGI looks dated...

Personally i think it looks great, i just wish we heard a few more characters talk, instead of the 2 we hear. I'm also extremely glad that this isn't a "Alliance VS Horde, Horde bad alliance good, alliance must win" or it doesn't seem it. Which is very good indeed!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's bad enough we get videogame content locked behind DLC paywalls, goodies reserved for "early access" adopters... but now even movie trailers have to be secretive? What's next, do I not get to see a new Cheerios commercial unless I buy a box of the cereal first?

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Looks shitty as expected. Gonna be honest, i think they should make the Penny Arcade version: http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-z9vt9gC/0/1050x10000/i-z9vt9gC-1050x10000.jpg

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
The trailer was leaked earlier this year. Like months and months ago.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Well I am looking forward to it! I am glad that they didn't just put it as Alliance v Horde and all that rot. It looks great!

Lok'tar Ogar!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Silentpony said:
Saw it the first time it was leaked.
And all I got is a resounded "Meh...". I mean it doesn't look bad, but at this point I can't figure out why its live-action. Just make it fully animated like Spirits Within or something. Truly like 95% of the thing looks CG, and there's nothing wrong with that per-se, but just go whole hog.

That much CG and live-action just looks silly. Like I think they're forgetting that Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was really neat not because of the amount of CG, but because 1 guy did it all over the course of years as a 'for fun' project.
Yeah, it's kind of the Live-Action Transformers Paradox. If the primary thing that we're here to see is going to be completely computer generated, then the movie itself might as well be animated from the get go.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
Why didn't they just make this movie entirely CG? From the way this currently looks I feel like there's a fairly big disconnect between the live action actors and the animated Orcs. This causes the Orcs to look authentic while the actors look like they're cosplaying. Of course this will probably be fixed in the months leading to the release. At least I hope so.