Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Arrives - Update

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Arrives - Update

Batman: Arkham Knight's unplayable PC port may be (finally) about to receive it's long-awaited fix.

Update: Rocksteady has now Steam Store [http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145594019968443309], and Rocksteady offered no ETA of when this would happen.

Original Story: So remember that whole wasn't coming till fall [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman+arkham+knight]. The "good" news is that now that September has begun, it looks like the PC fix is right around the corner, as PC gamers were briefly able to test out a "beta" version of the promised patch that seemed to iron out most of the issues.

Essentially, PC players that had already purchased the game before it was pulled, who had opted into the game's "beta" updates, were delivered a patch earlier today. The patch introduced a slew of new graphics options, as well as dozens of bug fixes. While it was only available for a short time, the users who were able to test it out reported that many of the game's problems had been fixed.

The fact that it was released only in the "beta" updates and pulled quite shortly afterwards suggests that it is not 100% complete yet, but it is certainly a good sign that Rocksteady is finally getting off their butts and fixing something that honestly, should have been done months ago.

Let's hope for their sake there is still enough interest among PC gamers when the patch is actually finally released.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/arkham-knight-pc-patch-briefly-appears-and-early-repor-1728346453]

Sep 24, 2008
I honestly forgot Batman Arkham Knight was a thing.

All hype I ever had for it is gone.

I barely know if I'll pick it up during a Steam sale.

I do thank you, though, Arkham Knight, You've made many a game developer stop from rushing out tripe to make sure we get good experiences. I'll forget you exist again, but I'll always remember what you did for us

Captcha: Quid pro quo.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Aaaaaaand there goes my interest in one of my two most anticipated games of 2015. Got what I needed out of a Yogscast LP, so now all I have to do is wait for Torment: Tides of Numenera.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh shit, is that game still a thing?!
I thought it went the way of anything good for the 360 and PS3: silent cancelled without so much as a mea culpa.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Holy popsicles you mean that game that people bought over 2 months ago is almost to the point where it's in a playable state?! The one that got fairly average reviews on the platforms it actually worked on?!!?!

Ok. I'll just be over here playing any one of the 500 or so PC games I have that were functional from day 1.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Sorry Batman, Mad Max is now out before you, and its done an awesome launch. Ain't gonna touch that bat.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
I swear if they try releasing the game on steam at full price I will riot, this game is the next watchdogs, it was hyped up and then it came out and everyone forgot about it, and the PC version was just embarrassing, release the game at a much marked down price and maybe throwing in a few discounts on the dlc wouldn't hurt WB, not that you would do that because $$$

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
thewatergamer said:
I swear if they try releasing the game on steam at full price I will riot, this game is the next watchdogs, it was hyped up and then it came out and everyone forgot about it, and the PC version was just embarrassing, release the game at a much marked down price and maybe throwing in a few discounts on the dlc wouldn't hurt WB, not that you would do that because $$$
The difference being Arkham Knight was player-spawned hype. Watch Dogs was industry-spawned hype.

I got the game free with my GPU so it's not like I lost out on anything, but it still makes me sad to see this stain on Rocksteady's record. As far as I know they don't really deserve it.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
With so many games coming out competing for my time and money (and with steam refund), they really can't afford this level of screw up.

..not to mention valuable first impression completely marred.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Well, when it's on a sale for a sawbuck with all the DLC included, I will MAYBE get it. MAYBE. Maybe I'll go get some burgers instead.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
RealRT said:
Well, when it's on a sale for a sawbuck with all the DLC included, I will MAYBE get it. MAYBE. Maybe I'll go get some burgers instead.
Preorder your burger now to get the Buns-DLC AND the human-meat skin pack for free.

On topic: Oh wow the game that came out 2 months ago is ALMOST playable now. That is some serious dedication to hard work that I normally only associate with myself.

I'm really happy that I decided to let the free code that came with my graphics card become invalid.
Not even I would gift something like this.
Even free is still too expensive.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Battenberg said:
Holy popsicles you mean that game that people bought over 2 months ago is almost to the point where it's in a playable state?! The one that got fairly average reviews on the platforms it actually worked on?!!?!

Ok. I'll just be over here playing any one of the 500 or so PC games I have that were functional from day 1.
Uh huh. What internet are you on? My internet has it at an 8.5 average for XB1 and 8.7 for PS4. Is high 8s average now? Fucking hell.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Ragsnstitches said:
Battenberg said:

Uh huh. What internet are you on? My internet has it at an 8.5 average for XB1 and 8.7 for PS4. Is high 8s average now? Fucking hell.
You're getting a little worked up there. I like how you ignored the user scores of 6.0 and 7.2, hardly glowing stuff. As far as the critics go if you want to trust all the sites/ magazines who gave it a high score you're welcome to. Personally I'm more interested in the opinions of individual reviewers I can trust like Jim Sterling, Angry Joe, and Total Biscuit (all of whom felt the game fell short by a long way).

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
As someone who bought the PC version... about damn time. I would really like to actually play this game.