8 Celebrity Videogame Cameos You Might Not Remember

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Celebrity Videogame Cameos You Might Not Remember

Sometimes celebrities make their way into video games, but those roles get forgotten. See if you remember these eight celebrity cameos.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Fred Durst...haha! Just like 90s live staind acoustic 4-chord performance of outside, he appears with nothing of value to add. Only to feed his ego on useless credits.

Aww Fable did have a wonderful voice cast, was not aware of Fassbender's presence. Perhaps a dive back in for that'n be on the cards.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
With regards to GTA IV Katt Williams was also in that game as a comedian if I remember right, I think I remember watching him when I went to a comedy club just to see if they'd use actual comedians.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I think I spent more time in GTA4 trying to watch Ricky Gervais routines, then I did playing the actual game.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
maninahat said:
Boo. The best cameo by far?

"Burt Fucking Reynolds?!"
This, also the reason no one remembers the cameos in Fable 3 is because it was god awful and bored people to tears. There is no argument that it is the worst of the fable(numbered at any rate) franchise.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
New Troll said:
Gary Coleman in Postal 2... anyone?
Ohohoho yeah. "Hey, maybe I'll ask if he'll do that Willis thing. I bet he loves that!"

God, that day was good.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Lol. "Secretary Patraeus." Shame he'll never be Secretary of Defense since he's liable to be serving time in a federal prison for treason. Oh CoD, you so silly.

And seriously, how did you miss Burt Fucking Reynolds in Saints Row: The Third. That shit was gold!

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
My first thought was Buzz Aldrin in Mass Effect 3. In any other game, that would be a hell of a get and such a cool way to wrap up a series about space travel. Instead, almost nobody noticed or talked about it being him because we were all too busy frothing at the mouth.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I picked up on the various comedians in GTA4 right away, even though I watched others play more than playing myself. It didn't hurt that Ricky Gervais had a show on HBO at the time.
On more current gen games, here's the faces of celebs that lend their voices to ESO -
I only use ESO as an example because this is kinda a thing that Bethesda is known for, and while some of these celebs (Cleese) are instantly recognizable by their voice, others are just as easy to miss.

AJvsRonin

Nov 11, 2010
Why does nobody remember Def Jam: Fight for NY?

The entire cast is a who's who of rappers. And the story is hilariously silly.

You're an up and coming street fighter who must defend his crew (which includes Ludacris, Flavor Flav, Redman and Method Man + More)
against a rival gang (that includes Lil' Kim, Xzibit, Ice-T, Danny Trejo, Carmen Electra, + more all led by Snoop Dog).

God damn Henry Rollins runs the gym you train at. Hell, even the FOUNDER of Jacob&Co. has a cameo as the guy who runs the local jewellery store where you do your character customisation.

I'm not even into hip hop and I loved that game. Good combat flow and even had RPG lite elements for the solo campaign where you trained in different fighting styles.

If they re-made that franchise I'd get behind that.