Free Shovel Knight Expansion Will Hit All Platforms This Month

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Free Shovel Knight Expansion Will Hit All Platforms This Month

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows will release on all platforms and in all regions simultaneously.

lot of positive attention lately [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/shovel%20knight?os=shovel+knight], especially around the impending release of its free DLC expansion: Plague of Shadows. The good news is that today YCB has announced the official release date of the expansion, and confirmed that it would indeed be coming to every platform and region at the same time!

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows will release on PC, PS Vita, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS, Linux and OSX on September 17. The update will be completely free for all current Shovel Knight owners, and adds a complete re-mix of the game's story mode, staring new playable character Plague Knight, as well as additional challenge maps.

Be sure to check out the tutorial [http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/plague-of-shadows-release-date/] on how exactly Plague Knight will play differently from his shovel-wielding counterpart.

Source: Yacht Club Games [http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/plague-of-shadows-release-date/]

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
<youtube=_J6-3l3hCm0>

I've been looking forward to this for a long ass time. Can't wait to give it a spin

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D

I'm super excited about this DLC and I can't wait to play it.

I think Plague Knight is my favorite boss from the Order of No Quarter. His stage and music theme is probably the best of the bunch, so I'm really curious to know how he will play in the DLC.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

I think Plague Knight is my favorite boss from the Order of No Quarter. His stage and music theme is probably the best of the bunch, so I'm really curious to know how he will play in the DLC.
Personally, I liked King Knight's level music, but Tinker Knight's battle. That's a fun one.

OT: Anybody know how this will be implemented?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
FalloutJack said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Personally, I liked King Knight's level music, but Tinker Knight's battle. That's a fun one.

Tinker Knight was pretty fun, and I did giggle at the beginning of the fight. I must confess, I had the hardest time beating him. I think I just didn't get the hang of moving around and trying to hit him at the same time. :/

As for how it will be implemented, I think it will be just an option on the screen once you download it. That's the only thing I can think off that would be the easiest way. I know when the physical game for Shovel Knight comes out for the new consoles it will be already included.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
FalloutJack said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Tinker Knight was pretty fun, and I did giggle at the beginning of the fight. I must confess, I had the hardest time beating him. I think I just didn't get the hang of moving around and trying to hit him at the same time. :/

As for how it will be implemented, I think it will be just an option on the screen once you download it. That's the only thing I can think off that would be the easiest way. I know when the physical game for Shovel Knight comes out for the new consoles it will be already included.
I didn't mean the downloading. I meant like how's this change the game exactly and stuff?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
FalloutJack said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
FalloutJack said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

I didn't mean the downloading. I meant like how's this change the game exactly and stuff?
Ah, my mistake. Forgive my tired and over caffeinated brain, it's being silly today.

I believe it's all post main story. Same bosses, some new ones, different types of platforming since you can summon beakers to help with the platforming. New modes and I think challenges. That's from what I can gather from this place: http://yachtclubgames.com/plague-of-shadows/

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Really looking forward to this. Any idea if you have to clear main game first though? Stuck towards the end and every play session just frustrates me, just don't have the patience to clear it yet xD

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
As someone who was disappointed in Shovel Knight due to it being WAY overhyped I'm looking forward to revisiting the game and hopefully getting my money's worth through these free DLC updates.

To me Shovel Knight is a good game. That's it.
Many of the people I follow were calling it their top 5 games ever made, period. Naturally I bought it with super high expectations and left feeling disappointed as it didn't feel superior to any of the classics I grew up with. I can't definitively call Shovel Knight superior to most Mega Man games, or superior to Mario games or superior to Duck Tales. It's just a polished enjoyable platformer. A solid 7/10 game.

It was not worth the $10.00 I paid to get this on sale but as these new character DLC's come out over time it hopefully will be.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
[HEADING=1] FOR SHOVEL...[/HEADING]

Wait a minute...

[HEADING=1]FOR PLAGUERY?![/HEADING]

Definitely looking forward to this :D

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
I'd completely forgotten that the kickstarter had unlocked the ability to play as all of the No Quarter bros as stretch goals. I look forward to this, and the remaining 7+ free DLC packs that will no doubt be coming my way at some point in the future. Also looking forward to dispensing shovel justice in Smash.