This Isn't Even my Final Form: New Legendary Pokemon Has Five Forms

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
This Isn't Even my Final Form: New Legendary Pokemon Has Five Forms

Zygarde, the "third legendary" from Pokemon X and Y will have five evolutions - the most of any Pokemon revealed so far.

Zygarde is the "third legendary mascot" Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y alongside snake form [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Xerneas_(Pok%C3%A9mon)] before, but now a scan from popular Japanese Pokemon magazine CoroCoro has revealed that the legendary Pokemon will in fact have five separate evolutions.

Check out the magazine scan below:

The five forms of Zygarde are: Cell Zygarde (the cell-looking one), Core Zygarde (the blob looking one) 10% Forme Zygarde (the dog), 50% Form Zygarde (the Z-shaped snake) and Perfect Forme Zygarde (the giant Gundam looking thing) which is reportedly a new type of Mega Evolution. It certainly looks like Game Freak has started looking to Dragon Ball Z for inspiration... [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdFXUJ1o1U]

The magazine doesn't mention how Zygarde and his many forms will be made available, but we can probably guess it will be in the rumored Pokemon Z that we should be hearing about pretty soon.

Source: CoroCoro via Serebii [http://www.serebii.net/]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Zygarde, the "third legendary" from Pokemon X and Y will have five evolutions - the most of any Pokemon revealed so far.
Err, last checked Eevee had like... 7 evolutions?

Or did you mean alternate forms?

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
My prediction.
It will be somewhat like regigigas slow start abilitiy.
Start of in a weak low stat form but after a few turns be super powerful stat wise. Maybe one turn per transformation.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
gigastar said:
Steven Bogos said:

From the looks of things, each "form" preceedes the one that comes before it (especially 10%, 50%, Perfect), so these forms are like a solid chain of evolutions whereas Eevee just has a "branch".

At least that's my arugment

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
gigastar said:
Steven Bogos said:

From the looks of things, each "form" preceedes the one that comes before it (especially 10%, 50%, Perfect), so these forms are like a solid chain of evolutions whereas Eevee just has a "branch".

At least that's my arugment
Honestly, not even the people over at /r/Pokemon know what to think of it. Personally I was hoping for Zygarde to secretly be the evolved form of Dunsparce this whole time, but I guess I'll just have to wait.

CheesyGrin1992

Mar 14, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
We've seen the currently unobtainable Pokemon's Z-shaped snake form before
This makes it sound like you currently can't obtain Zygarde at all, but he is catchable in his 50%/snake form in X and Y in the post game.

OT, I'll be interested to see how the forms work in game. From the translations I've seen so far, the cells accumulate with the core to increase his power level. Catching multiple cells seems to make the most sense from what we know so far, but hopefully the official english reveal will shed more light on it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Paragon Fury said:
Anyone got a read on its power level?
Too easy!

Seriously though...it's base form is "Cell" Zygarde? Could someone explain how the hell you're supposed to catch - or even see - a "cell" pokemon? :p

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
gigastar said:
Steven Bogos said:

"Forms" in Pokemon aren't really evolution. I don't know 100% how Zygarde is (doesn't seem like true evolution. No Pokemon has more than 3 stages and the Pokemon sites are treating these as forms, not evolution), but usually forms are alternate forms that change the stats, type, or attacks. For example, Rotom has several forms (regular, wash, mow, fan, etc, which changes the ghost typing, the stats, and gives an exclusive move), Shaymin has two forms (regular and sky, with sky granting more offensive stats, different attacks), and Kyurem has three (regular, white, and black, which makes Kyurem stronger and requires merging with Reshiram and Zekrom respectively with a DNA splicer). Most of these forms require holding or using an item to trigger it or talking to certain NPCs. These forms are also usually reversible.

And then some Pokemon just naturally come in different sets. Shellos and Gastrodon change their visual appearance depending on which part of Sinnoh they're caught, and Pumpkaboo come in different sizes (like pumpkins in a pumpkin patch), which changes their base stats (which can make the difference between offensive and defensive builds).

Though still, technically speaking, Unown has the most forms at 28 (one for each letter of the alphabet plus exclamation and question mark forms). Perhaps not a drastic change, but even Vivillon has 20 (depending on which area of the world the player lives, plus two event types).

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
My heavens, I must have been out of the Pokéloop for a while, because that looks like a cross between a Digimon and a Belltower Associates heavy.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Not so sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, this probably makes Zygarde usable and not so boring, but on the other, this seems a bit much and a tad derpy.

And like most everyone else, I'm guessing that this is a Formes thing and not evolution (actual evolution, not Mega Evolution).

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
People are already clamoring this confirms a forthcoming Pokemon Z (insert Dragon Ball Z reference here, let's move on), acting as Gen 6's third game following in the tradition of Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and Black 2/White 2. I'd be okay with that, the Kalos region was very well designed and I loved the character customization aspect. I just really hope that the interconnectivity with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is better than X and Y, fix how soon you can find certain pokemon (seriously, you can get three dragons (Bagon, Axew and Tyrunt) before the second gym), they knock off that version-exclusive mega stone nonsense, add a few mega evo's and regular evos (suggestion: Mega Ninetales), let us pick the Poke Ball that newly-hatched pokemon will be in and improve the customization with color pickers and let us remove the dumb hat.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I like them. Though it's hard to imagine all of them being Ground/Dragon types aside from the Zygarde we all know and love. Poor Zygarde was just chilling in some cave without any intrigue in X and Y. Even in Black and White, Kyurem still had some mystique and lore behind it.

One interesting thing to note, according to the scans, it says in its perfect form, Zygarde is stronger than Xerneas and Yveltal, both of which are immune to one of Zygarde's STAB attacks. Maybe Zygarde's ability will allow it to hit fairies with dragon moves, and hit flying types with ground moves.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I just think it's adorably quaint that it's 2015 and we're still getting information in the form of scanned pages of Japanese magazines.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Well that looks kinda cool. Way to take that lame ass legendary and make him awesome.