Voice Actress Hints at Wolfenstein Sequel

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Voice Actress Hints at Wolfenstein Sequel

Return to Alternate History Castle Wolfenstein?

Comments made by a voice actress have indicated that a new Wolfenstein title is in the works. Alicja Bachleda-Curuś, who performed in the 2014 release Wolfenstein: The New Order, suggested during an interview with Polish TV station TVN that she's involved in a sequel.

The actress stated (as translated by Eurogamer), "I'm working on a video game, first part of which I have already made. Now we're making a second one, which will take two more years." Without explicitly stating the series, Anya further reinforced the suggestion by saying, "I played this game as a child. I was very happy when I got to the point where I could shoot Hitler."

That certainly does sound like Wolfenstein.

In The New Order, Bachleda-Curuś played the role of Anya Oliwa, a mental asylum nurse who becomes a resistance fighter and a love interest to series mainstay B.J. Blazkowicz.

We've reached out to Bethesda and The New Order developer Machine Games for a comment and will update this story should we receive one.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-23-the-voice-of-the-new-orders-anya-strongly-suggests-a-new-wolfenstein-is-in-the-works]

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
The New Order restored a lot of faith in games. It was nothing short of an excellent game - voice acting and narrative taking precedence. An adult theme with a certain convention absurdity. A sequel would be superb.

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
I loved TNO, but what would a sequel be able to do? TNO tied up its loose ends, finished its character arcs, and had a satisfying and complete ending. Where could they go with it, without it feeling contrived or undermining the original?

Delance

Mar 12, 2011
Valkrex said:
I loved TNO, but what would a sequel be able to do? TNO tied up its loose ends, finished its character arcs, and had a satisfying and complete ending. Where could they go with it, without it feeling contrived or undermining the original?
Well, there's still a nazi-dominated world to free, so there's plenty of stories to be told. One of the main antagonists was also not killed in the end and was left at large.

Blazko was left mangled to be hit by a nuclear bomb, so it may take him a few weeks to recover.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Valkrex said:
Actually the world was still under total Nazi control. The resistance took out a lot of high value targets but they didn't do enough damage to complete topple the Nazis. I think a sequel would be about people gaining hope from what BJ and friends did (Taking out the London Monitor for example) and rebelling openly again, with BJ and co spearheading it.

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
erttheking said:
Valkrex said:
Actually the world was still under total Nazi control. The resistance took out a lot of high value targets but they didn't do enough damage to complete topple the Nazis. I think a sequel would be about people gaining hope from what BJ and friends did (Taking out the London Monitor for example) and rebelling openly again, with BJ and co spearheading it.
The thing is though...

BJ's kind of dead right now. There's no way in HELL he survived the end of TNO.

If they went with that angle though, about the resistance gaining momentum and making progress. If its written well enough it could work but I'm just afraid it will fall into the trap of being "same verse same as the first" without elevating the concept of Wolfenstien like TNO did, or we'll just get another "WAAAAAAAARRRR" shooter that TNO managed to avoid being. Sure TNO was about war, but it was also a game about PEOPLE. People with depth and personality trying to survive a literal hell on Earth and deal with a world that had lost all rationality, and come to terms with the horrors they have faced and even commited.

Of course its too early to call anything and I may just be paranoid, but I'm just worried that it will go down the path of "just another war shooter."

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
This article made me both happy and sad at the same time. Two more years.. Which is probably a good thing, but still..

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm more than game for more Wolfenstein, but please-

a) let's not have BJ awaken from another coma in the eighties, and
b) resolve some of this crap, or at least give a better reason for its continuance than bad guys sheathed in plot armor.