Massive Witcher 3 Patch has Over 600 Fixes, Adds Romance Dialogue

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Massive Witcher 3 Patch has Over 600 Fixes, Adds Romance Dialogue

The patch notes are 13 pages long.

Huge patches are nothing new for CD Projekt Red's sprawling RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and often include everything from minor refinements to UI adjustments. The newest patch, titled Patch 1.10, has over 600 fixes and takes up the patch is rolling out today [http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Pdf/patch_1_10_changelog_en.pdf].

In July, Momot said [http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40694-The-Triss-content-and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice?p=1813923&viewfull=1#post1813923] that CD Projekt Red was paying "very close attention" to player feedback, and that the company was planning on addressing complaints about the rather stale Triss romance arc by working on tweaks to dialogue. The new patch includes three different tweaks: Adds new romance­ related segments in conversations with Triss and Yen in quest titled The Sunstone, adds segments to conversation with Triss in quest titled On Thin Ice, and adds segments to conversations with Triss and Yen before battle at Kaer Morhen. Not big adjustments, but any more Triss content works for me.

In addition, the extensive patch notes reveal loads of quest corrections, performance adjustments, fixes, improvements, and inventory tweaks. Momot has revealed that Patch 1.10 will be roughly 15GB on consoles, and between 6-15gb on PC (depending on platform).

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/652131063792336896]

In other news, the game's first expansion, Hearts of Stone, releases on October 13 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142304-Release-Date-Announced-for-The-Witcher-3-Hearts-of-Stone#&gid=gallery_4673&pid=1], and will feature "over 10 hours of new adventures and introduces new characters, powerful monsters, unique romance, and a brand new storyline shaped by gamer choices."

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Now this is player commitment. Extra dialogue had to be a pretty difficult job with getting the voice actors to record the extra lines.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Was the silly warehouseman walking animation fixed? I've spent lots of time in towns and that always bugged me.

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
Sadly I see no mention of a fix for the dlc quest Skellige's Most Wanted, which is the only quest I have left to complete...

Also, I hope they didn't fix the boat stacking bug where you could fasttravel a bunch of boats to the same anchor location causing a massive boat-fortress-pileup.
I'd hate to see my wonderful pirate fortress disappear.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
hooblabla6262 said:
Sadly I see no mention of a fix for the dlc quest Skellige's Most Wanted, which is the only quest I have left to complete...

Also, I hope they didn't fix the boat stacking bug where you could fasttravel a bunch of boats to the same anchor location causing a massive boat-fortress-pileup.
I'm glad you're having trouble with that quest too because it means they'll have to fix it at some point - Is the werewolf just continually howling like a dickhead for you too?

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
Thyunda said:
hooblabla6262 said:

I'm glad you're having trouble with that quest too because it means they'll have to fix it at some point - Is the werewolf just continually howling like a dickhead for you too?
Yeah, he just kind of walks away from the fight and starts howlin' like a mad fool. There's already a thread in the official CDP forums, so I'm assuming they are aware. Strange to not fix a standalone dlc quest right away, but hopefully it comes soon.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
hooblabla6262 said:
Thyunda said:
hooblabla6262 said:

Yeah, he just kind of walks away from the fight and starts howlin' like a mad fool. There's already a thread in the official CDP forums, so I'm assuming they are aware. Strange to not fix a standalone dlc quest right away, but hopefully it comes soon.

Use the Aard sign on him. He lies on the floor and howls there instead.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Remus said:
Was the silly warehouseman walking animation fixed? I've spent lots of time in towns and that always bugged me.
They didn't even fix the silver monocle, you are suppose to be able to wear it.

May 28, 2015
Lizzy Finnegan said:
Massive Witcher 3 Patch has Over 600 Fixes
I only encountered about 200 bugs, but I'm happy that people reported them and even happier that CD Projekt Red has fixed them.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
And 6 months from now there'll probably be the "Enhanced" edition.

CD Project don't release a lot of games but by god do they service the ones they have.

At this point in time though, does anyone NOT have Witcher III?

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Abomination said:

CD Project don't release a lot of games but by god do they service the ones they have.

Me.

I'll probably get it when it goes on sale for 20 bucks way down the road.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
All these multi-gb patches has convinced me to wait for the goty edition. My poor little dataplan can't cope with these kinds of sizes.

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
I didn't even realise there'd been a patch, and just happened to pick today to fire it back up after a bit of a break. I was rather puzzled when I loaded it up and saw that I suddenly had more hotkey items. :eek:)

Unfortunately it also reset all my key mapping settings, which I didn't discover until I was in combat. Having the Bestiary appear every time I tried to dodge, and the button for power attack do nothing did not make that fight easy!

Oct 22, 2011
Abomination said:
*Raises hand*
Though my PC is really behind the times, so i'll just wait til GotY comes out and then play it on a rig that can handle it. Knowing CDPRed's history with patching things up, this might be the best idea.
And in the meantime i'll try to play through Witcher 2.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Abomination said:

I don't. I decided I'd run through 1 and 2 first, and by GOD did the first one not resemble anything one would call a "run through", and I'm about halfway through the second now. At this point though, I've come to the conclusion that all these patches mean I probably want to play the inevitable "Enhanced" edition with all this stuff ironed out. Maybe it'll include the expansions like a GOTY, maybe not but I'd still buy them separate. Gives me time to move up from my i3 too.

And yeah you're right, I kept thinking while reading the article how very un-EA this all is. Almost like they want their games to be their legacy, that are polished and dusted off in the trophy case so people can see them at their best for as long as possible. There's very few devs who do (or are able) post-launch development this way.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Abomination said:

i dont have it at all. because of all these fixes, i keep waiting for the enhanced edition. that way i can experience the entire game in its full glory.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Real fast: in this update, did they finally fix the problem people had with the game crashing their entire computers?

I did a lot of research, and dozens of people claimed it was caused by dozens of possible issues. I tried several possible fixes, but nothing worked. The potential issue that stuck out to me was the possibility of the game tricking the computer into thinking it had a faulty power supply unit or something, which would explain why the entire computer shut down after about 30 seconds of gameplay after I loaded from a savepoint - this only started happening after their previous "big patch".

Can anyone tell me offhand if they finally addressed this?