Alone In The Dark - Dying To Be Remastered

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Alone In The Dark - Dying To Be Remastered

Alone in the Dark is rough around its dated edges, but the Lovecraftian survival horror theme is still a fantastic fit.

Read Full Article

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Still the best survival horror series ever made. Doesn't need a remaster but I suppose it will get the youngsters playing something decent for a change.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I got this when it came out years ago, it was definately spooky at the time, and it had those old leftover "no win" events from the still lingering adventure games where getting hit while carrying a mirror means you can't solve a puzzle.

The DRM was old too, you had to go to a page in a small book and type in the name of the image.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
While it would be cool to see an updated version of this, don't forget that there's already been at least 2 reboots of this and each one seems to be worse then the last. At this point I'm not sure it's even possible to get a good remake out of this series.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Dalisclock said:
While it would be cool to see an updated version of this, don't forget that there's already been at least 2 reboots of this and each one seems to be worse then the last. At this point I'm not sure it's even possible to get a good remake out of this series.
I'm thinking a reboot that updates the horror mechanics would do than all these reboots trying to put a spin on what doesn't need it. I mean, the latest one wasn't even survival horror. If handled right, it could turn out similar to the Gamecube/HD Resident Evil.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Dalisclock said:
Reboots? Except for AitD: Illumination, they are supposed to be sequels to the original game.