What Makes Five Night's at Freddy's So Special

Nick Monroe

Oct 8, 2015
What Makes Five Night's at Freddy's So Special

With Halloween fast approaching, everyone's looking for a scare. Here's our introduction to the terrifyingly captivating world of Five Night's at Freddy's!

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I thought GameTheory's entire timeline was proven to basically be bullshit? Like even Scott Cawthon has no idea what the timeline is supposed to be and openly puts contradicting messages in the games.

Also what makes Five Night's special? Markiplier. Nothing else. The game wouldn't have be nearly as huge if he didn't do like 6+ months worth of videos.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I've never played the games. They just aren't my thing from what I've seen. But I do love Game Theory's take on them and it has give me a great deal of respect for the series. All that lore and attention to detail in a silly little jump scare game? That's an insane commitment right there. I wish more games would be able to relay their stories this way, or at least add to their stories like this. I always appreciate it when the viewer/reader has to do a little bit of detective work if they want to really understand what is going on.

Insane Guy of DOOM

Aug 7, 2008
Silentpony said:
I thought GameTheory's entire timeline was proven to basically be bullshit? Like even Scott Cawthon has no idea what the timeline is supposed to be and openly puts contradicting messages in the games.

Also what makes Five Night's special? Markiplier. Nothing else. The game wouldn't have be nearly as huge if he didn't do like 6+ months worth of videos.
Scott actually said on a post on the steam forums that he loves GameTheory's videos and that they "got almost everything about the story right." This was before his FNAF 4 GameTheory, however.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Insane Guy of DOOM said:
I thought Scott's response was basically these guys worked really hard and thought way more about the plot than I ever did.
Besides which its all moot because FNAF4 rewrites the entire history, or at the very least implies massively that the Game Theory videos are at best 50% correct.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
While I'm not a fan of jump scares, I find myself impressed by the amount of work put in the game and story. What scares me more than the amount of jump scares are the backstory details about what happened years ago...

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
Freddys is special because Jim Fucking Sterling Son gave birth to it
and also because people are always a little unnerved by animatronic animals