Preparation

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Bah, how spineless.
The only way to truly be free for the Fallout, is to capture every single person that has influenced your life, and stick them in the basement... or five feet under.

Yes, especially that nice grandmother who gave you the cookies.
Don't want her interrupting game time, and ruin everything by being some secret government sex agent or something.

Also if you have pets, you can probably eat them... that's what I did with my sex slaves in the basement. I cleared the basement of life ready for new captives, AND I got a supply of food. Perfect, right?!

[sub][sub]Most of that is a lie... minus the basement.[/sub][/sub]

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Hope you're all ready for crashes, glitches and incompatibility problems \o/

At any rate I'm still off the hype train, I'll grab it down the line definately but not at launch.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I took a vacation day for the 10th. I still need to clear some room on my SSD and then I'll be ready!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Eh, I just can't get that hyped over a new FO game.

A new TES game, on the other hand...yeah, I suddenly got sick for four days when Skyrim came out. :p

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
... Is it wrong that I don't understand why she's pretending to be Brain Dead (or whatever) for Fallout 4? Why is she doing that?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Grody fecal excellence. All Hallows Eve came early this year, and so did I. As the bishop said to the actress, a masterful strip.

The White Hunter said:
Hope you're all ready for crashes, glitches and incompatibility problems \o/

At any rate I'm still off the hype train, I'll grab it down the line definately but not at launch.
Ohhh, I should think we'll be grabbing it aaalllll the way down the line.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
... Is it wrong that I don't understand why she's pretending to be Brain Dead (or whatever) for Fallout 4? Why is she doing that?
Because... Blah,blah,blah hype... Blah,blah blah obsession...

-shrug- I don't get it either. I mean, in relation to fallout, but... I can follow the concept at least. XD

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Dammiiiiiiit, I forgot about Fallout 4. And the launch overlaps with the time I'm devoting towards Battlefleet Gothic: Armada closed alpha.
Gonna have some tough choices come the 10th. Maybe I can go without food breaks. And half the time I spend sleeping.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
Mr.Mattress said:

-shrug- I don't get it either. I mean, in relation to fallout, but... I can follow the concept at least. XD
Probably because medical facilities aren't in the habit of hooking you up to an IV and Catheter just because you asked nicely, and "So I can binge play Fallout 4 for the next week" isn't a valid excuse either.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Mr.Mattress said:
It being fallout as opposed to any other the point is to get set up with a catheter and IV , which make it so you can stay in one place for a really long time, she basically never needs to pull herself away from it. It's not about being braindead it's about being immobile.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Katherine Kerensky said:
Dammiiiiiiit, I forgot about Fallout 4. And the launch overlaps with the time I'm devoting towards Battlefleet Gothic: Armada closed alpha.
Gonna have some tough choices come the 10th. Maybe I can go without food breaks. And half the time I spend sleeping.
And human contact. And cell phone coverage.

And laundry....maybe... >.>

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Good idea except Erin is a game journalist. She could play it at work and call it research.

Hang on, I just realised she's not doing that to skive off work, it's to avoid food and toilet breaks. Oh dear lord!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fappy said:
I took a vacation day for the 10th. I still need to clear some room on my SSD and then I'll be ready!
...to play on the 12th, after 15+ hours of trying to make a borderline unplayable game work.

Mr.Mattress said:
She's trying to set herself up so she doesn't have to eat or use the bathroom. It's just an exaggerated extension of the people who are saying they'll be calling in sick.

CrystalShadow said:

Do you mean you don't get why people are obsessed for Fallout, or why this comic is relating the two? Because the latter strikes me as fairly obvious. People are super hyped for Fallout 3, to the point it's noteworthy even in the gaming community (which is already notable for its excessive hype culture). The joke, therefore, stems in part because this is about the only step people haven't declared and because at this point, it's not so much a stretch.

The former? No clue. Fallout games always strike me as pretty mediocre. I expect pretty much the same thing I got with Fallout 3 and NV: I'll buy it for like five bucks on sale and have some fun with it before not finishing it and probably never going back to it.

But my SO is super obsessed with Skyrim, so what do I know?

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
warmachine said:
Good idea except Erin is a game journalist. She could play it at work and call it research.
Have you ever actually played a game in order to review it? It's awful.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Mr.Mattress said:
So she can keep playing Fallout 4 without getting interrupted by those pesky physiological needs (like eating or going to the bathroom)

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Ah Bethesda, releasing pretty, buggy game engines since Morrowind. Saving the "good stuff" (interesting content, fun game mechanics, actual story) for the DLC. Then relying on the mod community to make an actual playable game with the engine.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Fappy said:
GAH! I didn't even think to check my SSD and make sure it had available space.

I know it wasn't your intention to help me, but you have and I thank you. Cheers!

(Runs off to check available space)

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
CaitSeith said:
Mr.Mattress said:
So she can keep playing Fallout 4 without getting interrupted by those pesky physiological needs (like eating or going to the bathroom)
Call me old fashioned, but I do just fine with a minifridge loaded with soda and granola bars, oh and a bucket for those times I just....unngh.....can't leave my chair. Depends could work too, but diapers are a bit demeaning.