Bethesda Releases Fallout 4 Gameplay Launch Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Bethesda Releases Fallout 4 Gameplay Launch Trailer

"Everything can change in an instant... whether or not you're ready."

Bethesda has released a new trailer for Fallout 4, and it's the most spoiler heavy in regards to the story yet, so watch at your own risk. If you're one of those gamers who like to go in blind, the live-action Fallout 4 trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142848-Fallout-4-Live-Action-Trailer] is enough to get you hyped without revealing many details.

The release of the two minute and fifty second trailer follows a massive 20-minute leak [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/161263-Massive-Fallout-4-Gameplay-Footage-Leak] of Fallout 4 gameplay footage. The newest, and possibly last, Fallout 4 trailer includes plenty of footage, teases an epic story, and introduces a variety of side-characters that the player will meet.

In other Fallout 4 news, the game's Android companion app two Fallout-themed cars [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/161313-Fallout-4s-Pip-Boy-Companion-App-Released#&gid=gallery_4994&pid=1].

Fallout 4 breaks out of the vault on November 10 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
'Epic Story' Finding your wife and child isn't epic and I don't want to do it. *Goes back to New Vegas*

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it so bad!!!!!!!!!!

Just gotta keep telling myself only five more days.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
The gameplay still has holes in it that I can see, and I really don't want to be railroaded through a "Cinematic" campaign when I used to be able to have long conversations in the dialog trees. Voice Acting the main character is still something that I disagree with for Fallout 4...

On the other hand, this trailer did have one positive for me, so I put it in the spoiler below for people who want a pure experience.

Oohhhh So Synths and Institute ARE actually going to be a big part of the story? Ok... Bethesda, you have my attention now, I was secretly hoping that you would do more with these concepts. Just please don't make The Institute into The Enclave 2.0... Ah fuck it, Bethesda you are the laziest writers this side of Ubisoft, of course you are just going to rehash the Enclave story tropes again...

The glimpse of what looked like some kind of Android in the trailer was an interesting aesthetic, but it doesn't really resemble the Android that we saw in Fallout 3.

CAPTCHA: Waiting list . No thanks Captcha, this game is still in Beta till they release the GOTY edition.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
kenu12345 said:
'Epic Story' Finding your wife and child isn't epic and I don't want to do it. *Goes back to New Vegas*
I don't think the trailer even mentioned finding your family. Also, you could say "delivering a package isn't epic" about New Vegas.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
Yay, lady character footage! This game looks fucking amazing! Thank God that it's less than a week away because the hype is real.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
And despite myself, despite every cynical bone in my body screeching in protest... I still kinda want to buy it.

Fuck you Bethesda. If only your games were as good as people say they are/

noobiemcfoob

Mar 18, 2013
I will never understand the vitriol that gets thrown towards Bethesda in these threads. You know every game doesn't have to be tailored to your wants. If you don't like what the game is doing, then voice that opinion by not buying it and quit whining about every detail of a game plenty of people are well aboard the hype-train for. There's nothing cool, ironic or informed about criticizing something someone else loves.

Now, with that out of the way, I wonder what reactions will be to the focus on the female vault dweller's butt at the end? :3

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011

I'm pretty hyped for this game, and I don't really normally get too hyped.
My Fallout 4 exclusive LootCrate came today as well, and that's after buying the Fallout Anthology with the Mini-Nuke and I'm getting the Pip-Boy edition. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game, but I kind of don't care.
I was one of those people who didn't think Fallout 4 was even gonna happen, so I'm so thrilled that it is.

Also, yay, trailer shows lady protagonist for a bit!

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
NLS said:
kenu12345 said:
I don't think the trailer even mentioned finding your family. Also, you could say "delivering a package isn't epic" about New Vegas.
Except thats not what its about, yes you can choose to do that, but in the beginning your purpose is left to you.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Well, time to lock and load.

So I am the only one wondering how the hell you get in a situation where you're blowing up Brotherhood Vertibirds?

And...oh oh OH! The Institute! This is interesting! (I have to mirror concerns about it being just a rehash of the Enclave though)

noobiemcfoob

Mar 18, 2013
kenu12345 said:
Except thats not what its about, yes you can choose to do that, but in the beginning your purpose is left to you.
You realize Fallout 3 took the exact same approach to the main quest? As did Skyrim. As will, most likely, Fallout 4. So, what exactly are complaining about?

Sidenote: Where are you picking up that that will be the main quest? I didn't see anything in any of the trailers about your spouse or child being the goal?

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
noobiemcfoob said:
kenu12345 said:
You realize Fallout 3 took the exact same approach to the main quest? As did Skyrim. As will, most likely, Fallout 4. So, what exactly are complaining about?

Sidenote: Where are you picking up that that will be the main quest? I didn't see anything in any of the trailers about your spouse or child being the goal?
No, no matter what you did, your character's starting motivation was always find your dad and the story must start with you pursuing that goal and even end in you doing some variation of what your dad wanted. Skyrim is a different story, as your character has no set motivation and while the main story is to stop Alduin, the game starts with letting you choose your motivation. You could follow Ralof to Riverwood or you could go to Helgen to check for survivors or whatever you want. The character's motivation and backstory is for you to decide and mostly from the leaked footage from what I saw of it

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
noobiemcfoob said:
I will never understand the vitriol that gets thrown towards Bethesda in these threads. You know every game doesn't have to be tailored to your wants. If you don't like what the game is doing, then voice that opinion by not buying it and quit whining about every detail of a game plenty of people are well aboard the hype-train for. There's nothing cool, ironic or informed about criticizing something someone else loves.

Now, with that out of the way, I wonder what reactions will be to the focus on the female vault dweller's butt at the end? :3
Some people are sick of the hype train though. Some people want to derail the hype train.

There's nothing cool, ironic, or informed about loving something someone else criticizes.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Beaten to the punch by several other publications over Twitter. I wish I had a better idea of who usually handled what articles so I could tip them on this stuff, but I can't figure out any rhyme or rhythm to the system. I don't know whether the contact form is even checked frequently enough to be an effective method.

Also, that leak article being in violation of federal regulations was disturbing.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
noobiemcfoob said:
There's nothing cool, ironic or informed about criticizing something someone else loves.
Whoa, settle down, McFoob. Just as people are free to love things and gush over said things, so too are people free to criticize.

People loving something doesn't make it impervious to criticism, nor automatically render anyone criticizing it a crank. I pre-ordered Fallout 4 (I know I know, string me up, ya'll can lodge your criticisms at the front desk) and I've been a huge fan of the series since the original, but there's most certainly room for criticism.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
The character models are so similar to the ones in Skyrim. It's especially noticeable at 0:46. But I don't care.

I notice now just how form-fitting those vault suits are. Wonder why...

Don Incognito

Feb 6, 2013
erttheking said:
Well, time to lock and load.

So I am the only one wondering how the hell you get in a situation where you're blowing up Brotherhood Vertibirds?
Because the Brotherhood of Steel is not a nice organization, Fallout 3 notwithstanding.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
teases an epic story
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That's a good one.
Funnily enough, that first bit of trailer monologue is EXACTLY the same as the [a href="https://a.pomf.cat/wqklnu.ogg"]ending monologue that was leaked[/a] (which only had 2 variations, meaning yet ANOTHER binary ending just like in FO3). From the rest of the leaks, the story pretty much seems to be a rehash of Fallout 3's story - instead of "find my dad" it's "find my son", with some "big ebil faction" that you have to oppose. This is without even going into the gameplay leaks (traversing across the map from northwest to southeast corner taking 11 minutes with minimal danger, completely bland and nonsense perks, etc).

I'd say I'm disappointed, but I pretty much expected this from Bethesda. Tell me more sweet little lies, Todd.[/white]