5 Food Movies to Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Food Movies to Make Guys Cry

Food can make or break a holiday. Movies are no different. Whether it be how good the food is or what the food means to someone, food movies tap into a shared need.

Read Full Article

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
Y'know, with Veterans Day right around the corner and Thanksgiving still 3 weeks away, I'm surprised you didn't do a new spin on war movies.
Sure, you've got some real heavy hitters listed in "5 War Movies That Make Guys Cry" such as Apocalypse Now, Platoon, and Saving Private Ryan, but that list was just a general look at five examples of war movies.
I don't know, maybe I'm still just waiting for a list that includes Hell is for Heroes.

But to the article at hand. As much as I don't care for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, I definitely know what the father/son relationship is like...but in reverse...and both being like the father.
And Soylent Green, oh boy. I still remember the look of a foreign exchange student who is vegan when I told her about soylent green(food and movie), I don't think she ate anything for the rest of the day. Probably didn't help that we were watching Snowpiercer and we'd just gotten to the scene where the people at the back of the train find out what they've been eating.