8 Fallout 4 Mods to Enhance the Wasteland

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Fallout 4 Mods to Enhance the Wasteland

There are already a number of Fallout 4 mods. You might give these eight a try.

Read Full Article

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Little sad that the amount of Fallout 4's fps woes are hardcoded and seemingly unfixable. Then again, most console ports are like that I suppose.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
ULG seems made for me, it could quite honestly mean the difference between the game being playable and unplayable. My game runs like shit on full screen, only running fluidly on a quarter of the screen. Got a refund and I'll be waiting for its GOTY edition.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
So is it just me or does ULG make it look like Fallout 3 and thus shows how much has gone unchanged at the core of their graphics engine?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Has someone modded in a fix for the godawful PC UI that Bethesda shoveled into it? Because for goodness sake, this PC version of the game is a TERRIBLE port even in comparison to games that released this year with features for the PC in the options menu (Like Mad Max).

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
That darker nights mod seems nice. The lighting in Bethesda games has always intersected with various pet peeves. For a start, every interior, regardless of realism, is perfectly well lit. You can head down into a cave system, or tombs, so deep into the centre of the earth that no light could possibly make its way there, yet, everything is nice and lit by no discernible light source. Seriously, where is the light coming from? Well, obviously it's coming from a heap of point lights that the level designers have placed every where (sometimes so badly that the specular reflection gives away their exact position), but in-universe there is no source. The same is true for night time. I'm not asking for a completely realistic level of darkness, but the night times in Fallout 4 are especially bright.
It baffles me that they always seem to load you down with tools to see in the dark , yet, never do they create areas that are dark enough to need illumination in their games.

As for actually downloading that mod, why? Why start modding so early? The only reason I'm not playing at the moment is because I was searching the internet to find out why I can no longer select certain plants at my settlement. The game is buggy enough without third parties touching the house of cards that is Bethesda's archaic game engine.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Dr.Awkward said:
So is it just me or does ULG make it look like Fallout 3 and thus shows how much has gone unchanged at the core of their graphics engine?
Well, considering the engine is derived from the same one they used for Morrowind in 2002 I'm not exactly surprised by this.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
vallorn said:
Has someone modded in a fix for the godawful PC UI that Bethesda shoveled into it? Because for goodness sake, this PC version of the game is a TERRIBLE port even in comparison to games that released this year with features for the PC in the options menu (Like Mad Max).
No UI fix yet, but you can bet that someone is already working on it. If we can get something like SkyUI....yeah.