Game Breaking Fallout 4 Bug Reported

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Game Breaking Fallout 4 Bug Reported

A game breaking Fallout 4 bug has been reported for all platforms.

Multiple gamers have reported a bug in Fallout 4 that causes the game to crash.

The bug, which was identified by a number of posters on a variety of different forums, appears to be linked to the Monsignor Plaza settlement quest.

"Been playing for around 10 hours now with no problems and now doing a Settlement quest where I have to go to Monsignor but everytime I go there it crashes straight to the desktop without any error message, there isn't one in the Event Viewer either," wrote one user [http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1546438-fallout-4-crash-in-specific-area/] on Bethesda's forums.

"I cannot enter the area between C.I.T Ruins and Monsignor Plaza from any angle without crashing," said another on Steam [https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136905955586/]. "This is prevalent as multiple important story missions take place there. My game doesn't crash anywhere else. Multiple other people have been having the same issue, on all platforms. Anyone have an idea as to why this would be happening?"

The issue does not appear to be platform-exclusive, with reports of the game-crashing bug being present for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC users alike.

Fallout 4 released on November 10.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I've been coming across to a bug that's nearly as bad. Not literally game-breaking but definitely game-crippling.

You see this?

This is Marcy Long who somehow crawled in my Power Armour. Every time I try to talk with her my character says "I need you to get out of your Power Armour." Of course, she never does. The Slenderman syndrome has since gone away but there's still some oddities to her walking animations. The dialogue is still the same too.

So now I can't get in my Power Armour because she won't leave it. Now, I don't like using it that much, but there's some occasions where it's both fitting and relatively necessary.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Sigh, validated for waiting a month for Bethesda to fix these things.
Wish we all could enjoy such a game with no (major) problems from day 1, but there ya go.

This is gaming in 2015. And it ain't gonna change. So suffer through (game breaking) bugs at the start, or wait forever for that GOTY edition... :\

Oct 15, 2015
Cowabungaa said:
I've been coming across to a bug that's nearly as bad. Not literally game-breaking but definitely game-crippling.

You see this?

This is Marcy Long who somehow crawled in my Power Armour. Every time I try to talk with her my character says "I need you to get out of your Power Armour." Of course, she never does. The Slenderman syndrome has since gone away but there's still some oddities to her walking animations. The dialogue is still the same too.

So now I can't get in my Power Armour because she won't leave it. Now, I don't like using it that much, but there's some occasions where it's both fitting and relatively necessary.
Theres like... 6 easily accesible suits. Just go get another.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
HomuraDidNothinWrong said:
There are? Well I had no idea, I thought the thing was unique. Like some kind of non-sentient companion or something. Goes to show how far I'm into the game despite like 30+ hours of gameplay time.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Kenjitsuka said:
This is gaming in 2015. And it ain't gonna change. So suffer through (game breaking) bugs at the start, or wait forever for that GOTY edition... :\
2015? This is business as usual for Bethesda. It's been this way for a decade.

Cowabungaa said:
So your power armor is quite literally unusable?

That's just...holy hell, how did that bug get through? Does reverting to an older save not fix the issue either?

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Cowabungaa said:

You see this?

Sorry for your loss but that's freaking hilarious. Marcy up and decided to deal with her feelings by jacking your Power Armor and going wild on some raiders herself.

sonicneedslovetoo said:
Well there we go, now its a Bethesda game launch, either way this is still miles better than New Vegas was.
New Vegas was such a mess I literally couldn't play it until months after release. It just sat on my desktop, teasing me. Hope I don't run into this bug myself. Fallout 4 is already crashing about half the time I fast travel.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Game breaker eh? How wide spread is this if it hasn't been reported more commonly? Any of you yuckity yucks succeeded in completing this mission?

Cowabungaa said:
There are? Well I had no idea, I thought the thing was unique. Like some kind of non-sentient companion or something. Goes to show how far I'm into the game despite like 30+ hours of gameplay time.
Whoa, I've like randomly stumbled across two others and I'm still in the top left corner by far.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
Remember last month when they said the game was ready for release? We all had a good laugh at that.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Cowabungaa said:

You see this?

This is why I ALWAYS remove the fusion core from the power armor when I am not going to be using or repairing it.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Kenjitsuka said:
Sigh, validated for waiting a month for Bethesda to fix these things.
Wish we all could enjoy such a game with no (major) problems from day 1, but there ya go.

Yeah. gaming in 2015. I think I'll bring out my NES/SNES box and play some games that worked from day one.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Or you could nip round the back go in to sneak mode and nick the fusion core from it, pretty much every NPC in power armour abandons ship once the fusion core is gone. Oh and remove the fusion core in future when you leave the power armour.

Yeah. gaming in 2015. I think I'll bring out my NES/SNES box and play some games that worked from day one.
Ahh those rose tinted glasses, their were plenty of games that were no where near perfect from day one, the only difference being that

1). Those games were a hell of a lot simpler than something as complex as a modern Fallout game, making it less forgiveable for the games that did have issues and

2). Their was no solution so most folk just over looked the issues

It'll be something stupid like an AI scripting error, so I have no doubt it will end up getting fixed, ps something else that could never have happened with your old 'bug free' NES/SNES games.

Sep 14, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
one for sure that I know of is in diamond city, I think you can buy it off a trader or something like that.

HOWEVER, there are multiple suits out there literally just sitting their like a turned off transformer, waiting for someone to bring it to life.

I remember running by this small plane that was half buried in the ground (from crashing and exploding) and literally a half put together suit was sitting right next to it, like it was no big fucking deal, almost ran right by the damn thing...conveniently it was right by a super mutant compound, so I strapped that baby on and went to town (literally).

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Gorrath said:
sonicneedslovetoo said:
Well there we go, now its a Bethesda game launch, either way this is still miles better than New Vegas was.
New Vegas was such a mess I literally couldn't play it until months after release. It just sat on my desktop, teasing me. Hope I don't run into this bug myself. Fallout 4 is already crashing about half the time I fast travel.
That's because New Vegas wasn't a Bethesda game. It was an Obsidian game and Obsidian's record before New Vegas includes both KOTOR2 and Alpha Protocol. They seem to have a knack for creating games that people go "oh the story was great but it was buggy as hell".

In any case it really doesn't surprise me that Fallout 4 is buggy but less buggy than New Vegas. I'm actually surprised bigger bugs than this haven't come up yet.

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Lightknight said:
Game breaker eh? How wide spread is this if it hasn't been reported more commonly? Any of you yuckity yucks succeeded in completing this mission?

Cowabungaa said:
Whoa, I've like randomly stumbled across two others and I'm still in the top left corner by far.
I'm playing on Ps4 and cleared out Monsignor Plaza, with no difficulties. I may have encountered a glitch or two but nothing to exciting. I got stuck though, and because it was during combat I had to die to get unstuck.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
Nice to know this before i get that far in...........the thing with fallout games is u should always use multiple saves just in case. On the up side though.........i think the game is the best thing since sliced bread

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Well, I keep running into tons of bugs. I keep uploading them to Youtube too. I found a bug in a few textures around the game that is the same one from the opening haven in vanilla VTMB. That wall flicker. It's in a few static places. Also Vertibirds have a very high crash rate.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
EHKOS said:
Well, I keep running into tons of bugs. I keep uploading them to Youtube too. I found a bug in a few textures around the game that is the same one from the opening haven in vanilla VTMB. That wall flicker. It's in a few static places. Also Vertibirds have a very high crash rate.
For the game, or for Vertibirds in general?