Downwell Review - Deep Well, Deeper Gameplay

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Jan 20, 2011
Downwell Review - Deep Well, Deeper Gameplay

Downwell is a game where you fly using the recoil of guns strapped to your legs. 'Nuff said.

Read Full Article

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Looks cool, though dat art style.

It's hard for me to get past those kinds of things.

It's not the 'retro' graphics, it's the style of said retro graphics.

Same thing happened with Fez.
The art was so off putting to me it took MONTHS before I finally sat down to play it.

And Man

May 12, 2014
Terrific game. One of my only issues with it is the palettes. Along with different styles, you also unlock palettes, which change the color scheme of the game. However, every palette I've tried just makes everything harder to see and makes enemies harder to differentiate.

ManFromTheInternet

Jul 4, 2015
Yes! Fantastic game that doesn't get the attention it deserves. So glad you decided to cover it! It's so cheap, really everyone should get it.

My name is JACK

Aug 10, 2014
Surprising it took this long for other outlets to review it. Jim Sterling did a squirty play of this game that convinced me to pick it up on steam right away. It's a great jump right in jump right back out sort of game that fills me with Commadore64 nostalgia- so many great memories, especially Jumpman!

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
And Man said:
Terrific game. One of my only issues with it is the palettes. Along with different styles, you also unlock palettes, which change the color scheme of the game. However, every palette I've tried just makes everything harder to see and makes enemies harder to differentiate.
I think that's what some of the palettes are meant to do, make things harder to see on purpose as a sort of added difficulty should you choose them, personally I just chose a palette that made the background blue cause it makes the game look brighter to me, otherwise a bunch of the other ones are hit and miss.

But good game though, really solid ass game! I'm a sucker for games that have a simple control scheme with tight and challenging gameplay.