Legend - A Generic Gangster Flick With One Fantastic Element

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Legend - A Generic Gangster Flick With One Fantastic Element

Legend is as familiar and generic as a gangster movie can get, but it does contain at least one great element that helps to elevate it above mediocrity...

Read Full Article

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Aw man, this after The Man From UNCLE being vapid too really makes me sad. I love both gangster and spy movies, and triple so when they're all 50's/60's in style and again triple so when they're British.

So when a year has not one but two films that fall within those categories and they both end up 'just meh' it makes me oh-so sad. They're not even glorious train wrecks, just forgettable.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I would have thought a film based on such well known/recorded events would be unable to deviate from what would be cliche (weird, accented letters turn into question marks after posting on here) in movies, due to...well, the events having to have happened. Or am i misunderstanding?

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Aw man, this after The Man From UNCLE being vapid too really makes me sad. I love both gangster and spy movies, and triple so when they're all 50's/60's in style and again triple so when they're British.

So when a year has not one but two films that fall within those categories and they both end up 'just meh' it makes me oh-so sad. They're not even glorious train wrecks, just forgettable.
I watched Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels for the first time recently. That, and Snatch, are two of the most British films I have ever seen.