Fallout 4 - The Long Con

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Fallout 4 - The Long Con

More like the WAIST-LAND survival guide! HURHURHUR.

Read Full Article

gact

May 26, 2014
looks like Erin has 2 shoulder pads on the last panel but just 1 on the first one.
>wasteland survival guide
>entry #324: mines can spawn shoulder pads for you to use after they explode.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
That's odd; usually my dauntless companions are the ones who sweep for mines.

[HEADING=2]* IN MEMORIAM *[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]"HE WAS ABOUT AS MUCH USE AS A COCK-FLAVOURED LOLLIPOP."[/HEADING]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Hehe, reminds me of a clip from Angry Joe's review in which Joe was trying to find a way to disarm a hallway filled with laser-trip mines. Then Cogsworth came up with an idea of his own: just float down the hall and set them all off, obliterating both himself and Joe.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Well see, unlike SOME people, I actually did Moira Brown's quest correctly in FO3.

I truly am the savior of the wasteland.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
RJ 17 said:
Hehe, reminds me of a clip from Angry Joe's review in which Joe was trying to find a way to disarm a hallway filled with laser-trip mines. Then Cogsworth came up with an idea of his own: just float down the hall and set them all off, obliterating both himself and Joe.
Yeah, Dogmeat does that too:
http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.gifv

One of the best perks is the one which prevents you from triggering mines and traps. And even better, the perk applies to your companion too.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
IceForce said:
RJ 17 said:
Yeah, Dogmeat does that too:
http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.gifv

One of the best perks is the one which prevents you from triggering mines and traps. And even better, the perk applies to your companion too.
That's the exact hallway in the AJ review that I was talking about...and yeah, Cogsworth did the exact same thing: just "hum-de-dum-dum"s his way right down the hallway and sets them all off. xD

I tried to find a gif of it, glad you did at least. :3

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
IceForce said:
Well see, unlike SOME people, I actually did Moira Brown's quest correctly in FO3.

Me too. It felt nice to find later a random wastelander being grateful for such lifesaving surviving guide.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Barbas said:

What the? I honestly thought that second pic was Buzz Lightyear for a solid half minute or so. You can change their colours?

OT: Yeah, usually the worst (or best, if you're evil like me) combination for stealthing around a minefield is Dogmeat and a courser on a mission. Bumbling idiots! And they always lair off at the explosion as if it's someone else's fault. I am surrounded by incompetence!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
What the? I honestly thought that second pic was Buzz Lightyear for a solid half minute or so. You can change their colours?
That's a mod somebody made. One of the first, in fact. It was so bang-on-the-money that it quickly earned the author [http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/28840455/?] widespread acclaim and the company of adoring nubiles. Until the Creation Kit is released, AFAIK, it appears to only change the armour set of BoS paladins.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
CaitSeith said:
IceForce said:

Me too. It felt nice to find later a random wastelander being grateful for such lifesaving surviving guide.
Dito - and considering how effective the guide is in the two following games (New Vegas and 4), it basically confirms that at least for the most part, the Lone Wanderer went through the trouble of getting the hard part of the quest done. One of the less common cases, where a following game basically decides how players SHOULD have chosen.

Plus it grants you a nice amount of EXP and other bonuses. Like a free Perk.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
CaitSeith said:
IceForce said:

I'm not sure if most of the wasteland is brawny/hardy enough for The Lone Wanderer's advice.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Barbas said:

"To Ad Victorium, And Beyond!"

I went with the smart answers for The Wasteland Survival Guide so I would honestly not really expect many wastelanders to be able to read all the long words and scientific terminology that I assume my high int character put into it.

Still, it's good to see the smarmy gits receiving karma from Fallout 3. Although, maybe people just read it and do the opposite of what it says to survive.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I vaguely remember that sidequest, from the happy little town of Megaton, who worship the unexploded Fatman bomb. And it's good to hear not everyone plays like an evil git. Eventually, Liam Neeson, as your dad, tells you how disappointed he in you he is. You don't want to disappoint Neeson-Dad.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
So, by reading the posts here, I now know this comic is based on a FO4 side quest where you can optionally be a complete dick and screw with people. And here, I thought this was Erin's payback for her shitty bomb defusing instructions on October 7th.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/14785-Keep-Talking-and-Nobody-Explodes

But, the final zinger didn't make sense under my interpretation. Thank you Escapists for the enlightenment!