Heroes of The Storm Launches its Recruit-A-Friend Program With Badass Mount

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Heroes of The Storm Launches its Recruit-A-Friend Program With Badass Mount

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1016/1016023.png
Heroes of The Storm's Recruit-a-Friend program offers rewards to both the recruiter and recruitee.

Recruit-a-Friend programs, arguably first popularized by World of Warcraft [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129594-Blizzard-Revamps-WoWs-Recruit-a-Friend-System-With-New-Rewards] have become somewhat of a staple in free-to-play games like most MOBAs out there. Heroes of The Storm is no exception, and today Blizzard have detailed how the game's program will work, and what rewards both recruiters, and recruitees, can look forward to.

To recruit friends, head on over to the Recruit-a-Friend website [http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/recruit-a-friend/] and log in to get your unique URL. If a friend signs up for an account using your URL, you'll start to get some benefits. First up, all friends you recruit will instantly get the Jim Raynor hero, and a 5-day Stimpack, for free. If they reach level 10, they will also get the Sylvanas hero for free, and both of you will get the unique "Recruit-a-Friend" portrait. If you manage to recruit four friends who all reach level 10, you'll get the sick Vulture Hover Bike Mount you can see in the image above.

If you're kicking yourself because you just convinced a bunch of mates to come play with you before Blizzard announced this program, as long as they are still bellow account level 5 they can still follow your Recruit-a-Friend link and sign up for the program.

It's not really a lot, but it is a nice little way to convince new players to play. Raynor and Sylvanas are probably the two easiest heroes to learn, so it's a good choice to have them be the "free" ones.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/recruit-a-friend/]

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Not sure if this counts as spam but if anyones looking to sign up and get free heros have at it. I enjoy the game and don't give a toss about the mounts(still rocking the rainbow pony thing) Tech support sucks though. The thing with fps drops has led to people posting
N
O
H
O
P
E
on the forums lol

https://battle.net/recruit/BWHXSHH7LF

Phoenix1213

Sep 2, 2009
sneakypenguin said:
Not sure if this counts as spam but if anyones looking to sign up and get free heros have at it. I enjoy the game and don't give a toss about the mounts(still rocking the rainbow pony thing) Tech support sucks though. The thing with fps drops has led to people posting
N
O
H
O
P
E
on the forums lol

https://battle.net/recruit/BWHXSHH7LF
May I too join in thoughtful discussion of this article?
https://battle.net/recruit/D8NW2GNCGJ

I've been enjoying Heroes of the Storm since the beta period, usually I just play a little bit every 1 to 3 days to get the daily mission rewards, but it's always fun.

I did the last promotion with the Facebook app for the spider mount, but it took a while for me to work up the nerve to do it. A mixture of social anxiety, and not having 4 other close friends on Facebook. I was afraid the app would notify them that I had included them in my "team" and they would judge me for it. lol

Needless to say, this one is a little easier on my anxiety. Haha

Phantom Renegade

Apr 15, 2009
What if, say, someone already convinced all his friends that were interested to play Heroes of the Storm and they are already all above level 5?

Oh i'm just screwed. This is probably going to sound obvious but i kinda wish they'd implemented this way sooner.

I also don't have jimmy or sylvanas, it'd be really nice if bliz at least made them cheaper to buy with ingame gold.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Phantom Renegade said:
What if, say, someone already convinced all his friends that were interested to play Heroes of the Storm and they are already all above level 5?

Oh i'm just screwed. This is probably going to sound obvious but i kinda wish they'd implemented this way sooner.

I also don't have jimmy or sylvanas, it'd be really nice if bliz at least made them cheaper to buy with ingame gold.
You could always do what the two people above you did and just post your link here (or on some other forums) in the hopes that some random shmucks might click it because they too want a couple of free heroes. :p

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Was hoping the "badass mount" would be a big butt, and you ride from within the crack of it. Disappoint, not returning to game.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I mean, I was kinda under the impression that the Vulture mount was going to be a StarCraft reward, maybe for completing one of the 3 campaigns, just like how Malthael's Phantom is for reaching Level 70 in Diablo 3, and how the Armoured Wolf thing is for getting to level 100 in World of Warcraft.

Also, I must say that I am kind of disappointed that they added it in so late, I mean, the game has been out for a few months, now, and every one of my friends who is interested in playing it, has already played it, so it kinda feels locked off to those of us who have already been playing the game for months. Wish it came out sooner, really, because now I have a feeling that we will be seeing an influx of smurf accounts, at least for those people who really want that mount.

Newage

Aug 21, 2014
Phantom Renegade said:
Jimmy is 2K gold, come on now.

Phantom Renegade

Apr 15, 2009
Newage said:
Phantom Renegade said:
Jimmy is 2K gold, come on now.
And Sylvanas costs 10k.

Now don't get me wrong this is great for new players and i'm not saying blizzard is awful for not giving me the stuff or anything, it would be very hard for them to introduce this program and merge the benifits into the existing community without people exploiting it, but it still feels like its kinda lame that i'm not getting the heroes or the mount when i both already had friends playing the game when i started and i invited people to play the game.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
In what world is Sylvanas "easy to learn?"

...yeah, my Q key hasn't forgiven me yet. 0_0

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Ok so I'm confused, I thought you already got Jim Raynor and a 5 day stim pack just for starting an account with the game? I know I did when I first started playing months and months ago. Was that some other promotional thing that just happens to be identical to this? Or did they just try and make it look like the stuff you get anyway, is part of some cool "invite a friend" package?

Newage

Aug 21, 2014
Happyninja42 said:
Ok so I'm confused, I thought you already got Jim Raynor and a 5 day stim pack just for starting an account with the game? I know I did when I first started playing months and months ago. Was that some other promotional thing that just happens to be identical to this? Or did they just try and make it look like the stuff you get anyway, is part of some cool "invite a friend" package?
It must've been part of a promotion or something, when I got invited into the beta the only character I got for free was Valla, as part of the Reaper of Souls cross-promotion.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Happyninja42 said:
I believe signing up gets you the stim pack, and it's likely that Jimmy was, by coincidence, on the free rotation when you signed up.