Fable Legends Open Beta Delayed to 2016

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Fable Legends Open Beta Delayed to 2016

Lionhead Studios has announced that the open beta for Fable Legends has been pushed back to Spring 2016.

Lionhead has announced that the open beta for free-to-play Fable Legends will be delayed to Spring 2016. The game will remain in closed beta until that time. 100,000 additional players [https://www.fablelegends.com/] will be invited to participate in the coming weeks.

"Fable Legends is coming together well and it's a lot of fun. But we think that we can make it even better," Lionhead wrote in a post today [https://www.fablelegends.com/news/fable-legends-to-release-open-beta-in-spring-2016]. "So we've decided to extend our closed beta to continue to listen to feedback from our players and add features and polish that will make a real difference. This means Fable Legends won't release into open beta this holiday as previously announced."

According to Lionhead, Fable Legends has become larger than originally anticipated, writing "It's simply the most ambitious game we've ever created at Lionhead."

"To achieve our aspirations for Fable Legends, we've moved our open beta release to spring of 2016," the post continues. "So to all of you who have been playing in our closed beta, and to all of you who have been waiting patiently for the game to release into open beta, we want to thank you on behalf of everyone at Lionhead."

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Is one of your aspirations to have a fun game? Because if it is you may have to postpone it indefinitely.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
You know, I was just thinking about LionHead studios the other day. How they used to make fun games like Black and White, and how I wish I could play them. Then thinking to how ever since 2006 they have done absolutely nothing else except Fable games. Even without Molyneux around the company is a husk of it's former self.

I wish I could play Black and White, and hope they will be released some day on GoG. As for this game I honestly don't care as much as I once might have for Fable, if they had a team as large as the Ubisoft guys behind Assassins Creed they would probably churn these out annually too.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Do people still cared for this franchised? I be suprised if this turned out good.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Ill be honest here... i never thought much of the fable games.

To simple... to silly... to cartoony and bad combat systems. Never knew what it wanted to be either, steampunk? Sword and sorcery? RPG? Action adventure?

If they need more time for this game to add more stuff, go for it... its not like the world is holding its breath for the next fable game after the more or less mediocre titles of the past.

Nowadays you only get one try at a multyplayer only game launch... and if you fuck it up your game will crash and burn. So yeah.. wise decision to give the game some extra time in the oven

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
The Fable games were... fun enough I guess. I enjoyed the first and each subsequent one less in spite of a few inprovements. Dunno where the demand for this thing is. I'd maybe try it of its free? But likely would drop it.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
dragongit said:
I wish I could play Black and White, and hope they will be released some day on GoG.
You, me and half the people on the GoG forums by the looks of things.

I'm still not sure exactly what Fable Legends is supposed to be. Is it a MOBA? Is it an actual RPG? Will it be some odd hybrid of the two or will it be some kind of pure MMO once it actually lands? I'm confused.

Alek The Great

May 24, 2011
Secondhand Revenant said:
The Fable games were... fun enough I guess. I enjoyed the first and each subsequent one less in spite of a few inprovements. Dunno where the demand for this thing is. I'd maybe try it of its free? But likely would drop it.
It is free as in free to play. I'm in the beta right now and while I can't really say much because of NDA, I can say that I've never felt like I have to pay to progress so far and have been having a good time with it.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Alek The Great said:
It is free as in free to play. I'm in the beta right now and while I can't really say much because of NDA, I can say that I've never felt like I have to pay to progress so far and have been having a good time with it.
Thats allways the case with closed betas in Free to play titles

Mechwarrior online had a pretty solid credit gain rate in closed beta. As soon as they went public beta thought they nerfed the credits gained per match into the ground so hard that you had to grind weeks to get enough cash to buy and equip a mech beyond the light category.

They did eventually upped it a little bit again to make it not that ridiculus anymore, but it never went back to pre nerf rates.

I assume the same will happen with this game. They are eventually going to test out how low they can go with progression speed without completly pissing off their audience to make booster/premium sales that much more attractive. Or they are going to kick middle to late game progression so hard in the nuts that you cant realisitcally keep up with people that pay their way out of the boring grind.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Alek The Great said:
Well I also was considering if purchase of the game is necessary like for GW2.