5 Christmas Films That Go Against The "Feel-Good" Grain

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
5 Christmas Films That Go Against The "Feel-Good" Grain

Sick to death of watching all those nauseatingly cheerful holiday movies year after year? Here are 5 flicks that will change your perception of what Christmas means.

Read Full Article

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Not only am I not sick of nauseatingly cheerful holiday movies, I outright miss them. I've grown tired of cynical crap like Christmas with the Kranks and Deck the Halls; in today's climate, something genuinely cheerful and heartfelt would be a breath of fresh air.

Besides, when I'm not looking for cheer, my go-to will always be National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.It doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

P.S. Thanks

Sep 14, 2009
And as far as Christmas action flicks go, well, you can only watch Die Hard so many times, right? (Wrong. I am wrong.)

OT: I've seen that garbage day clip about a thousand times, might actually have to see the full movie now that I know what it's from.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
OT: I've seen that garbage day clip about a thousand times, might actually have to see the full movie now that I know what it's from.
Really though... don't. Don't waste your life, even a handful of minutes on that. You've seen what is arguably the best *shudder* part of that. Unless you're going to watch it and drink to it with friends and laugh at how awful it is, then its worth it. But don't waste time alone on it. It might lead you to bad thoughts and depression.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
So they're making another Bad Santa, eh? These days the moment I hear the word "sequel" I immediately sigh and say "Well that movie's going to suck."

.....I wonder why that is....

Sep 14, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
gmaverick019 said:
Really though... don't. Don't waste your life, even a handful of minutes on that. You've seen what is arguably the best *shudder* part of that. Unless you're going to watch it and drink to it with friends and laugh at how awful it is, then its worth it. But don't waste time alone on it. It might lead you to bad thoughts and depression.
lol fair enough, I'll heed your warning. I have shit tons of other stuff in my backlog to watch currently, so probably all for the best.