Make Way For The FEARcats

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Make Way For The FEARcats

Don't let them cross your path: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin [http://www.wbie.com/].

WBIE spokeswoman Charlene Allen said the promotion is expected to grab attention at a time when research shows that belief in superstitions is at an all-time high in the U.K., driven by the fear of bad luck in bad times. Thus, the creation of a misfortune speedball consisting of trained black cats wearing F.E.A.R. 2 kitty sweaters roaming the streets of London on Friday the 13th.

"Every day people are bombarded with so many advertising messages that it can be easy to miss them," Allen said. "With our research telling us that Brits are actively looking out for signs of bad luck this Friday, it makes perfect sense to try and capture their attention that way."

Bizarre yet brilliant, I say. WBIE was even offering free kitty couture to the public, but unfortunately they've been cleaned out. Perhaps they'll stock up on more to take advantage of the PETA [http://www.peta.org/] hysteria that's sure to follow.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin [http://www.peta.org/] comes out in the U.K. on Friday the 13th. If you happen to stumble upon one of these fuzzy billboards while on your way to pick up a copy, snap a photo and send it in!

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5151278/black-cats-set-to-advertise-fear-2]

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I think it's important to point out that the cats are trained, so they're not just going to be wandering around willy-nilly.

I think it's also important to point out that I really, really want one of those little FEAR coats for my own kitty.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
I think it's important to point out that the cats are trained, so they're not just going to be wandering around willy-nilly.
Ah, I was wondering.

Regardless, it is undeniably awesome.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Scorched_Cascade said:
fix-the-spade said:
You've got to wonder where and how they got all those black cats.
The real question is how many of them will get hit by cars; damn London taxis.
Death by bicycle courier is more likely, they're silent and a lot faster than a London Cab.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Umm quick question. What happens after Friday the 13th? You just released an army of cats unto an unsuspecting city, how do you plan on getting them all back? Bob Barker must be going nuts right about now.

EDIT: Posted while Susan posted.

P.S. Do they come in a medium dog size by any chance?

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
This is pretty amusing and pretty good advertising. Here's to hoping that they don't get hit by cars.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
It's the second wave of advertising, wherein they release hundreds of spooky Alma lookalikes to run around town, that worries me.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I don't have any black cats but I still want a sweater or two. There's only one cat in the house I'd even consider trying to put it on, so I hope they come in size "fatass."

(And I did say the cats were trained, you know.)

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
Magic Murder Bag said:
I thought that in Britain it's considered lucky for a black cat to cross your path?
Nope unlucky

It would be pretty cool to see one tomorrow.

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
I can't wait to see the after effects of this one. I don't care how well trained those cats are - releasing them en mass? I am sure something good will happen... *finger tent*

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
klc0100 said:
Magic Murder Bag said:
I thought that in Britain it's considered lucky for a black cat to cross your path?
Nope unlucky
Wikipedia disagrees:
In places which saw few witch hunts, black cats retained their status as good luck, and are still considered as such in Britain and Ireland.

I really want a FEARcat now, such a cool idea.

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
saikanoto said:
klc0100 said:
Magic Murder Bag said:
Nope unlucky
Wikipedia disagrees:
In places which saw few witch hunts, black cats retained their status as good luck, and are still considered as such in Britain and Ireland.

I really want a FEARcat now, such a cool idea.
Wikipedia lies.