The Escapist's 2015 Reader's Choice Game of the Year

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
The Escapist's 2015 Reader's Choice Game of the Year

We asked our readers what their pick for Game of the Year was. Here's their answer.

Read Full Article

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
sorry but I cant say this is my game of the year, do mostly to it not giving me a reason to give a dam about the characters so far(I have only played 4-5 hours though) or care to continue.

my GOTY would most likely be ether undertale or starcraft 2 legacy of the void as both have managed to keep me entertained from start to finish.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
ecoho said:
sorry but I cant say this is my game of the year, do mostly to it not giving me a reason to give a dam about the characters so far(I have only played 4-5 hours though) or care to continue.

my GOTY would most likely be ether undertale or starcraft 2 legacy of the void as both have managed to keep me entertained from start to finish.
Did you played the first 2 games prior to Witcher 3?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
ecoho said:

Did you played the first 2 games prior to Witcher 3?
watched the first be played through and played the second. I really only care about triss and ciri but so far have no reason to keep playing as those two are not in a lot in the beginning.

suikodenstorm

Jan 13, 2015
Another great reason why this game is (and should be) the game of the year:

CD Projekt RED aren't in the business of dicking their fans with bullshit season passes or microtransactions. They actually supplied a massive game and gave the customers what they want. Not only does that translate to this game being a labour of love by gamers, for gamers, but also shows that CD Projekt RED understands their fan base and what they want. This is something that is missing from todays AAA titles where fleecing the customer for as much money as possible seems to be the norm.

If this game was released by EA or Ubisoft, you could expect to pay $60 for the game disc which will have the first 5 - 10 hours available on release after you purchase their season pass for another $60, then slowly trickle out "special add-ons" for $19.99 each which will add 5 - 10 more hours of gameplay. And don't forget the weapon and armour bundles for an additional $4.99 each.

A game that meets demand with quality in todays environment will always stand out as a cut above the rest.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
This just makes me want to start up my copy of Witcher 3, but then I remember that I can't find any quests to level myself up with because of the stupid post board system, and I just kinda stop wanting to.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Neat. Ya used my comment. :D

Well, like I said, if Undertale or The Witcher 3 win I'd be happy. So, I'm happy.
Both were very great games for both unique and similar reasons. Both had great music, characters, stories, and fun gameplay.
Undertale did some interesting stuff that can only be done by a video game, and Witcher set the bar higher for open world RPGs.

Since I got to play both games last year, I got no complaints. Plus, The Witcher 3 still has one DLC coming out, so I got that to look forward to. :)