New Trailer Shows Off More of The Division

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Trailer Shows Off More of The Division

"But none of us could've ever predicted this."

Ubisoft has released a new trailer for upcoming open-world apocalyptic multiplayer shooter Tom Clancy's The Division. The video, which was accidentally leaked and subsequently pulled yesterday, is the best look to date at the game's open-world New York, showing off more of the snowy streets we've already seen as well as some new locations.

The trailer, titled "Agent Journey," gives a peak into the base of operations, including some of the missions, skills, and upgrades associated with it, as well as the game's safe zones and NPCs that you may encounter in these areas.

There are flamethrowers, robot gun turrets, robot flamethrowers, a new shield, and plenty of explosions. There is also a brief look at looting, skills, and weapon upgrades.

The Division is slated for a March 8 release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, with a public beta expected to take place soon. Until then, enjoy some screenshots from the trailer above.

[gallery=5413]

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Oh good, they finally stopped playing "Watchdogs" and updated their trailer graphics to be more in line with what we will actually see and not what the best super computer ever can accomplish. Or since Watchdogs eventually did that too maybe they are repeating the SAME bullshit as before without any kind of learning from the past. *sigh*

What's depressing is that as with Watchdogs, the graphics are great as is. They didn't have to misrepresent the game to us in either scenario.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ehhm, it looks quite like an interesting game. But two things; Why, oh why New York again?? Was literally no other location good enough? And this is the second of three Tom Clancy games this year, have his bills and drug/US mlitary hardware addictions finally caught up with him?
One more for luck; does Ubi only have a limited stock set of character models between all their games? I saw 'grizzled white dude' appear like an overzealous where's Wally in this trailer, not everybody is a grizzled white dude, Ubi!

Sep 24, 2008
piscian said:
Sweet now lets take a step back and ask ourselves how many times Ubisoft has shown off a trailer for something amazing and not delivered a broken mess and then walked away from it? Who am I kidding Im sure the preorders will outsell starwars thanks to the lemming squad.

(Yes I'm still angry about the crew, remember this?)

I'll one up you.

Is anything worth using UPlay? Anything at all?

We all know the answer is no. UPlay for 'Destiny-New York'? Nope. Not a seller.

Xsjadoblayde said:
Ehhm, it looks quite like an interesting game. But two things; Why, oh why New York again?? Was literally no other location good enough? And this is the second of three Tom Clancy games this year, have his bills and drug/US mlitary hardware addictions finally caught up with him?
One more for luck; does Ubi only have a limited stock set of character models between all their games? I saw 'grizzled white dude' appear like an overzealous where's Wally in this trailer, not everybody is a grizzled white dude, Ubi!
Here's the thing about New York, and why it actually makes sense to put it in the game. Some people, unlike me, do not live in New York.

But if you lived 20 years on the planet, you've seen roughly 60% of local of New York City simply due to media's fascination with it. And that actually works in the benefit of the idea that you're this highly trained secret agent that's been planted in a town for years. You'll at least see recognizable land marks.

It would be weird if you were tasked as such but didn't know what your town looks like.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
1. Er, Clancy is kind of dead. Died a few years ago. the company literally owns his name.
2. Grizzled white dude" is hte stock character for media, sadly.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Objectable said:
1. Er, Clancy is kind of dead. Died a few years ago. the company literally owns his name.
2. Grizzled white dude" is hte stock character for media, sadly.
The bastard! What's he gone and done that for?? I did tell him that stuff would eventually kill him, does he ever listen? Well maybe. Maybe i didn't say it loud enough. Or to the right person.

ObsidianJones said:
Here's the thing about New York, and why it actually makes sense to put it in the game. Some people, unlike me, do not live in New York.

But if you lived 20 years on the planet, you've seen roughly 60% of local of New York City simply due to media's fascination with it. And that actually works in the benefit of the idea that you're this highly trained secret agent that's been planted in a town for years. You'll at least see recognizable land marks.

It would be weird if you were tasked as such but didn't know what your town looks like.
You say that, but i have played through New York in countless games now and all i remember is the times square because of the v shaped "f-you" to the atmosphere it represents, some big bridge, possibly made of golden gates and a harbour that may or may not cover the whole exterior of the island. The rest is a confusing mass of boring, grey buildings plastered along boring grey squares. It is the spreadsheet of cultural cities. Every block looks like every other block, sort of like council estates in UK (no offense to them, i grew up in some for half my childhood). It may be easier for others to remember, but some foliage and beaches are nice. Also some unique architecture helps. Maybe it is simpler for developers to work with, i don't know. But it is far from any semblance of creativity.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Their trailer is complete BS, as usual for ubisoft really.
I'm watching real gameplay and it looks like something from 5 years ago, really obnoxious UI to boot but hey some people like that flashy shit.