Pee-Wee's Big Holiday Gets a Rube Goldbergian Trailer

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Pee-Wee's Big Holiday Gets a Rube Goldbergian Trailer

WHERRRRRE'S HISSSSSS BIIIIIIIKKEEEE?!!!!!

Save a brief appearance at the Spike TV Guy's Choice Awards in 2007, we haven't seen Paul Reubens step into his beloved/bewildering Pee-wee Herman character since Pee-Wee's Playhouse closed its doors in 1990. That was, until last February, when Reubens announced that he would be returning to star in a Judd Apatow-produced movie on Netflix via a series of blog posts [http://peewee.com/pee-wees-big-holiday/] written in character.

"Wow, am I tired!" wrote Reubens. "Just finished the second day of filming. Hitchhiked yesterday all day. Got a ride, hitchhiked some more, then got another ride. A lot of traveling in two days!"

Then in April, we received word that Magic Mike star and recipient of the Married to Sofia Vergara Spike TV Guy's Lifetime Achievement Award, Joe Manganiello, would be joining the cast in an undisclosed role.

With the ever-growing crowd of Magic Mike-Pee-Wee crossover fans now secured, Netflix must've figured that now was a better time than ever to drop a brief teaser for Pee-Wee's Big Holiday, which you can check out above.

Featuring a series of Rube Goldbergian gags and a National Geographic joke to cap it all off, the teaser is about as perfectly dated for a Pee-wee Herman movie as, well, a Pee-wee Herman movie. In either case, I can't wait to see what madness a certified weirdo and/or genius like Reubens has in store, which according to the official synopsis, is something like this.

A fateful meeting with a mysterious stranger inspires Pee-wee Herman to take his first-ever holiday in this epic story of friendship and destiny.

Pee-wee's Big Holiday will be available to stream on Friday, March 18th.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Paul Reubens really doesn't look like he's aged much when in his Pee-wee make-up. Hesitantly excited, I admit.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
The last time I saw Paul Reubens onscreen was in Blacklist and I loved what little part he played. It's nice to see he's still around, though I can't say if that means I'll enjoy seeing him again in a feature-length Pee-Wee movie, but I'm sure it'll still be good ol' Pee-Wee and that he's still got it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Who? I first thought of the scottish hitman 'the wee man.' But no. Oh that's a film now by the way. Paul Reubens does sound very familiar. Maybe an IMDB lookie will solve this de-ja-vu.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I was a massive fan of all things Pee-wee Herman as a kid. Then the "incident" happened... and I learned to hate the media. Either way, the guy has always been a class act and I'm glad to see his return. I'll be watching this for sure.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Shit yeah! Paul is a friggin' genius. Pee Wee's Playhouse won like 16 Daytime Emmy Awards and introduced me to Morpheus for the first time. I was in high school and college from 86-90 when the show aired. But I still tried to catch every episode. I liked him in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Mystery Men as well. But he is really at his best playing Pee Wee.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
If anyone cares to see him in a decent music video you can watch Tv on the Radio's, Happy idiot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaKVy-FlaUA

Ps: Also has that redhead from Dr Who